The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pro's & con's of advertising your price (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20735 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is the third time. Please make it be the last.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Trancemaker
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Trancemaker
I must say I am terribly impressed by how well everyone is getting on with each other here. The atmosphere of spiritual harmony is most awe inspiring I must say.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10256 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
He can't, that's why he's here. It's some insatiable desire to be heard, even when you've proven him incorrect.

I get PMs all the time demonstrating just the opposite Tom. They don't know what to do, where to go, or how to do it. The worst thing to do is to trust that people will figure it out on their own. This often leads to many more problems, more money, terrible frustration, and much longer if they ever even get there on their own. THEY WANT TO TURN TO THOSE THAT HAVE THEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IN WHAT THEY WANT, not general information. Specific info as it pertains to them, their specific situation, and their business.

Why on earth would you support doing things the long hard way when other more direct and proper options exist? Wait, don't answer that, you're stopped as you said.

Don't even get me started on who is seeking attention and to be heard around here...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20735 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2021, TomBoleware wrote:
Danny, I know you hate it when I’m right, but business is certainly about Relationships with Friends

That lesson is free, I may start charging you oh if you don’t stop all the unnecessary snips at me.

Now get up and leave the class or hush up.

Tom

Oh lord if this is the "class" you are teaching my GOD is it pathetic.

Business is business Tom. If my partners (Multi BILLION dollar corporations.) had a choice between working with someone they liked and who made them ZERO money and a guy who they had a good relationship with but didn't consider a friend who made them lots of money who do you think they go with? I tell you invariably EVERY time it is the guy making them money! I guess you just are as clueless a teacher as I have ever seen.

Real world Tom it is about BUSINESS and most business is about making money. The entire idea of "friends" is pretty silly in the grand scheme of things. You have good client relationships, and they are "friendly" but in the end being their "friend" is simply NOT WHAT BUSINESS IS ABOUT. This lesson might be "free" from you but if put into practice would cost a person implementing it HUGE. Sorry but showing just how wrong you are is a full time job, but totally necessary.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2866 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny, you are probably the only one here that claims to work for Multi BILLION dollar corporations. So maybe my opinion on sales, etc IS for you after all. If not no problem there oh, just skip it and move on.

But since you insist on wanting more from me, and since you changing the topic to large corporations, I will add this and it has something to do with what I said about building relationships.

I would consider Coca-Cola to be a good size company, wouldn’t you? You want to know one of the main reasons they move a lot of product? I can tell you from experience. They have pre-salesmen on the ground getting to know and building relationships with store managers and all the other outlets that order their products. Coca-Cola would be the first to tell you how important it is to have good working relationships with those personally ordering their product. When I was in the supermarket business, Coca-Cola paid for my lunch several times. They thought it was important to friend me.

When I worked for Malone & Hyde Food & Drug Wholesaler, guess what a big part of my job was? To build relationships with customers and prospects, simply put, to make friends with them. Malone & Hyde on a few occasions paid me extra to go outside my district to do a free magic show for its client’s company party.

I could go on and on with examples, but let me cut to the chase and say, Danny it’s called RELATIONSHIP SELLING

It's considered Old school to many, like yourself, but still very important to all the top producers today. Do yourself a favor and do a search for Relationship Selling, you might just learn something.

Tom
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.--Robert Brault

Tom Boleware
https://www.youtube.com/c/TomsBackyardChats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20735 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Reading is fundamental but comprehension is an advanced skill. I said specifically having great RELATIONSHIPS was the key. FRIENDS was not part of the equation. Now another part of all that is doing what you say you will. You have said 3 times you would stop. Why not show us how grown up you are and how you don't need the attention and for the love of God stop?

Do yourself a favor and read the part of my post where I by name talk about relationships. Then live up to your word and don't post again. I bet you can't. You don't have it in you to stop. You will just keep at it. No wonder people hate talking to you as you have told us many times is your experience.

Just how many things do you need to be wrong about just so people pay attention to you?

And to be clear Tom almost every single post I write is about RELATIONSHIP SELLING. Go back and just browse a bit and it is clear. Put your hatred aside and try.

By the way when trying to do so one would NEVER LEAD WITH PRICE! The relationship itself is the point. So once again you make my point while arguing with me which just boggles the mind.

It is not considered old school by me at all. This is a fabrication to make yourself feel better.

Tom seriously just quit while you are way behind.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2866 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
You clearly said, "The Entire idea of "friends" is pretty silly in the grand scheme of things"

NO being a friend to your client would NEVER HURT Anyone as you claim it would.

NOWHERE have I said people hated talking with ME, I said people hate talking to salespeople.
And you know that. You just keep twisting everything I say. It's sad really.

NO every post you write is NOT about building relationships. Ninety percent of your
posts are about ME. Go back and look. Do you want the real number?

Danny, you are more clueless about the relationship-building than I thought.
Your arrogant attitude and hatred towards anybody that disagrees with
you would never allow you do to it anyway. I do wish you well oh.
Take Care Danny.

Tom
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.--Robert Brault

Tom Boleware
https://www.youtube.com/c/TomsBackyardChats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20735 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is the 4th time. Please oh please stop.

I didn’t say it would hurt. I said it is not the point. Being a friend doesn’t help. It could make you do things that are not right for business.

Yes give me the “real number”. Correcting your really bad very expensive advice is a lot of work yes but I refuse to let people think it might lead to money.

Just a hunch Tom, Will Rogers never met you did he?

You have made yourself look silly for pages and pages. My PM box is overloaded with folks laughing and thanking me for setting this straight. But that is no reason for you to continue.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pro's & con's of advertising your price (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL