The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Himber Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikeylbl
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of mikeylbl
Hello all Smile

Has anyone used or played around with a Himber ring during your performances?

I have one.. a signet style one.

Also bought a himber ring routine book..

by Jerry Mentzer.

It’s a pretty good book. Show’s the basic handling of the ring and some nice routine’s too.

I really haven’t touched it for a while..

But anyone have any comments on the himber ring and its opportunties??

Thanks

Smile

Mike
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I think it's one of the most powerful effects you can do--it absolutely KILLS! My favorite handling is Richard Osterlind's, which is being used by many of the "names."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
If you get hold of the Osterlind video, you will get a feel for the effect. It is not a burn-my-hands effect - you must keep moving. that is why the Wilson handling is the best in most instances (i.e. the bachelor friend), but one must pay the price.

Roger Klause has a beautiful handling, but it calls for serious practice. Osterlind has a nice touch in which the last two are separated while you are burned! My handling is a hybrid of Klause and Osterlind, with a little sleeving thrown in.

The coolest approach to the effect has to be Harry Anderson’s. Anderson uses 5 (!!!) borrowed rings. And an audience.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Yeah--not much of a trick without an audience! Smile
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
daleshrimpton
View Profile
Regular user
the u.k
135 Posts

Profile of daleshrimpton
Paul Daniels, some years ago, did all the linking inside a paper bag. this has the advantage of not being seen, but detracts from the magic.
I agree that Osterlinds version is great, and is shown on his challenge magic video.
but one thing to remember is, this trick is down to bold use misdirection, and little else. you must forget what you are doing with your hands, and maintain eye contact with the whole audience from the start of the effect, until they recieve their rings back.
Dale
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Himber Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL