The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » One minute workout with bottom ridge shells (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andresknittel
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of andresknittel
Hello all,

For those who, like me, love and want to learn the three shell game, this is just a little contribution to help you decide what shells and source to get.
After trying with a couple of DVDs and shell sets, I finally decided to get Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp DVD and the Bottom Ridge Shells. This is the result after 3 weeks of training (15 times twice a day with the bottle cups included with the DVD) and one extra week to get used to the different handling of the Bottom Ridge Shells.
More than a review, the idea is that you can see the video and judge for yourself the results of the "training system" and the combination of the One Minute Workout and the Bottom Ridge Shells.
Personally, I find the Sweet Peas that come with the Bottom Ridge Shells a lot easier to work with than the Perfect Peas. The Sweet Peas are much much softer than the Perfect Peas and it makes them, for me, easier to back pinch and much more pleasant on my hands. Also, I find the back pinch between pinky and ring finger (Sweet Peas - Bottom Ridge Shells) to have better angles than the one between ring finger and middle finger (Perfect Peas - Classic Shells).
Regarding the shells, the handling is a bit different (not harder but different) and, as can be seen on the video, they can do this routine the same as the classic shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPF72GxUo4

Any questions, comments or advice are welcomed and really appreciated.

Thank you all!
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Nice job Andres!

Very smooth and excellent tempo.

Keep up the good work!

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Very good Andres!

It is easy to see you did your training in shell camp. You are now in the Shell Game Corp.

I enjoyed your video.

You are going to bring a lot of fun.

Al
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Bob's Boot shell DVD is the place to learn the skills for the game. I highly recommend the SFS Intro to Shells dvd and Volume 2 of the SFS set. They go into more of the pyschology of the shells, different outs, hideouts, ect that will enhance your skills as a shell man. They are a complement to the info that Bob and Glenn teach on the Boot Camp dvd. Now drop and give me 20!!!
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I find those Bottom Ridge shells interesting. I'd like to get my hands on them to play around for awhile to check them out. I understand the advantages of those shells- wondering if there is a trade-off or disadvantage to the shells as well?
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
There is no trade-off or disadvantage with the Bottom Ridge Shells. They can do everything the standard type magician shells can do and much more.

I think some magician either don't know or forgets what a con-game really is.
It is a confidence game

Con Game
Slang A confidence game. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English,

The shills are what make the con-game work. Not the shells. When the standard shells are used by the magician they don't have the use of shills to bring the confidence to play the game.

Shill
Slang a confidence trickster's assistant, a person who poses as an ordinary customer, gambler, etc., in order to entice others to participate

The standard type shells will not bring the confidence to be a confidence game on its own.
As they cannot even be looked at or they will know how it is done.

What the Bottom Ridge design brings to the shells is the game is able to be displayed very fair, to make it a confidence game.

They have nothing to hide and it is like a two way street that you can go both ways and appears to be fair without the shills. No gimmicks with entire flat surface.

The standard shells that have been used are a one way street that will not bring confidence on its own.
The only way it can, is by adding shills to the game. The standard type shells has too many clues , rules and need to hide too many things to build confidence, without the use of shills.

I have not had one customer that was unhappy with the BRS. I sell both types of shells. I sell way more BRS than the standard design shells

Others may look at it different and that is fine. We are doing the game for entertainment, so what fits you the best is what you should use.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » One minute workout with bottom ridge shells (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL