The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Card Effect (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
751 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
What is your favorite card effect and where can it be found?

Mine is Numero Uno by Harry Lorayne. Found in his Classic Collection vol 3. Just a quick entertaining effect that kills when done properly.

Just a quick thanks Harry for giving that one away.

So what is yours?
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I have always liked the various version of the Ambitious Card. Daryl does a particularly good one.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
I love John G's Mr E Takes a Stroll! It can be found in his amazing book One Degree.
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
I guess the Ghost Card is my favourite. It's not to short, there's some comedy, several effects and a good climax.
But a good card to pocket is so entertaining...

P!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
The Miracle Worker Returns from Exclusive Card Secrets by Frank Garcia.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
If using NO GAFFED cards, I would go with a trick I learned from an ALDO VD called JUST JOKING.
The effect, in case I butchered the name, is any blue two cards are seen to be placed between 3 red back jokers. These vanish and are found by a red back joker that has flipped over in the middle fo the deck. On each side is ofcourse the 2 selections.
Normal handling is fine, but with some palming and of moves, it seems totally impossible!
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1190 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Total Card Matching Routine from Subtle Card Creations Volume 3 (by the late Nick Trost). I am normally a FASDIU guy, but this effect changed that in some ways.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Out of this world does it for me.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
magicman344
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of magicman344
Cheek to cheek by Oz Pearlman is a very nice effect that involves the spectator choosing a card and then having it lost in the deck. then, you shuffle the deck, but half of the deck is face up, half face down. Their card is now thoroughly lost in the deck. You then transform the deck so that every single card is face down except for theirs. Smile I find it to be quite good, however, it does use a gimmick deck.

Cannibal card by Kevin Reylecks is also very good. You have a spectator choose and sign a card and then loose it in the deck after introducing a "cannibal card" that attacks and eats other cards(must be a face card). the cannibal card is also lost. you fan the deck after a few cuts and one card has a corner bitten out. You then show that it is their signed card. the cannibal card is found next to it. You then rip open the cannibal card(showing its stomach) and see that the missing piece is inside the cannibal card. also very effective. This trick doesn't use a gimmick deck, however, their is a bit of preparation with the cards. Smile

Both of these are sold by Penguin Magic
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On 2013-05-07 15:56, george1953 wrote:
Out of this world does it for me.

George, I agree: If you're doing something impromptu, under the right circumstances (especially with someone else's deck), Out of This World can't be beat.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Arthur, when you do this with a borrowed deck its just an imposible outcome, I love it and have been doing it for over 30 years.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Duderino
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Duderino
Bill Goodwin's "Hold the Mayo".
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-07 17:13, george1953 wrote:
Arthur, when you do this with a borrowed deck its just an imposible outcome, I love it and have been doing it for over 30 years.

ever seen eugene burgers version? whats your take on it compared to the orig version?
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
117 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
The very first card trick I always do and have for a long time is Chicago Opener.
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
*obligatory post saying lists of 'favorites' and 'the best' are futile and infinetely subjective according to performers' 'style'*
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
117 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
I agree with Byrnes. One can list their favorites, but the best card trick will differ with different people. I'm positive that the card trick that I feel is my best wouldn't be true for someone else.
Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
The fingertip cardtrick by Dai Vernon
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jack Carpenter's two card transo 'Touch My Heart" has been killing for me.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
751 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 14:21, R.E. Byrnes wrote:
*obligatory post saying lists of 'favorites' and 'the best' are futile and infinetely subjective according to performers' 'style'*

I don't think so. The purpose I had was to find out some effects others like and where to locate them if they spark my interest. This is just a fun topic. It also lets people see the diversity in the field.
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
"I agree with Byrnes. One can list their favorites, but the best card trick will differ with different people. I'm positive that the card trick that I feel is my best wouldn't be true for someone else."

Actually, I don't agree with me. I find the refrain about the futility of "bests" and "favorites" to be kind of silly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Card Effect (52 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL