The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How was your Thaksgiving? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What did you do this Thanksgiving?
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
For another year I was successful in completely avoiding my family and was able to spend the holiday with my wife and friends.
If everything goes accorrding to plan I should be able to do the same for Christmas as well.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5396 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It was great! I had two paid performances for two different big family gatherings. Over 60 people at the first and about 200 at the second! Now those are BIG families. Both venues had DJ’s for after the feast and some variety entertainment before the feast.

Today (the Friday following USA Thanksgiving) I had three paid holiday gigs! Five shows in two days not a bad start for the holiday season.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
volant
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
59 Posts

Profile of volant
I ate, that's I was supposed to do.
By the time you read this, you've already read it.
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
I had nowhere to go for Thanksgiving, but was invited to the Martini household. What a family, they treated me like I was one of them, Great food (marty is one h*** of a cook), lots of magic, and I WANT HIS LIBRARY!
I could have spent weeks there, so many books. In the past I had made some comments about his convention, not knowing the man personally. After meeting him and getting to know him, I had apologized for my questions earlier on the Café, and felt that I needed to do so once again here. I now know why he is so respected and loved by so many. Marty, will your family adopt me?
S.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Quote:
On 2003-11-28 21:15, volant wrote:
I ate, that's I was supposed to do.

Same here Smile
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
My wife, kids and I went to Boston for a family get-together. My cousin suggested that "maybe you can do a magic show for us on Thursday night." I replied, "I think the family will give thanks if I don't do a magic show on Thursday night."

I did, however, get the chance to stop by Ray Goulet's Magic Art Studio in Watertown...what an absolute joy. Ray has a marvelous collection of stuff that wowed me...and I only saw a small part of it. Bought several softbound notes from his old stuff...including an 80-year-old collection of moves from a couple of guys who were probably regarded as move monkeys in the 1920s. It's good stuff, and I'm already learning from it.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
We ate lots of fine food, my wife is an awesome cook. We had bad colds, but survived... couple of close friends that have no family joined us. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Thanksgiving was great. The 10 hour drive home from New Jersey with the rest of you maniacs (it usually takes six) was not. I can't believe I'm at work. ARGGGGG!!

Mark
What would Wavy do?
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Unlike Payne, I not only spent Thanksgiving with my Family and Friends, I like to spend some time with my Family. We celebrated my sister's birthday which falls on Thanksgiving some years but not this year. Payne, you are such a fine Magician, I think you will have no problem avoiding your Family for the Christmas holiday.
I wish everyone a great Christmas this year and I hope that everyone has a GREAT year in 2004 Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How was your Thaksgiving? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL