We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The power of duct tape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman344
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of magicman344
I've created a way to get out of duct tape, but I'm having some difficulty creating tricks that use it beside just being bound and getting out. If anybody could give me some pointers on how I might use this new skill in an interesting new way, that would be great

:crazydude:
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Surely...... And it's just a question...... But....... if you want tricks and not being bound and gettin out you're on the wrong section?

I know you can make wallets out of duct tape ..... Make an impregnable wallet.... Do a card to wallet then help the card to escape?

I can never find the end of the tape so your method is of no use to me .... Unless your method can also be used to help find the end?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 16:57, magicman344 wrote:
I've created a way to get out of duct tape, but I'm having some difficulty creating tricks that use it beside just being bound and getting out. If anybody could give me some pointers on how I might use this new skill in an interesting new way, that would be great

:crazydude:

HMM a good question....

Maybe a spirit cabinet type of effect...???
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Given that Duct tape was designed by the military to be water proof and to be used in wet situations... a little history lesson followed by a duct tape water escape might be just the thing.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
escapeguy
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of escapeguy
Ok, heres an idea and some might call fowl,,,but in my mind, a place traveled not often, I can see it.

You talk about when you were little and you had a pet duck,,,,well the duck got hurt so you borrowed a roll of your dad's duck tape,,,thinking it would fix your duck.
You show a duck (stuffed toy) all duck taped up,,,,,your dad came in and was laughing and said no, its not for fixing ducks,
so cover the stuffed duck taped duck with a scarf for a second and show the duck now with out tape and in the other hand the ball of tape,,,which you can then use the scarf again and do a zombie type thing
again, closing with fowl play

ok.....
MICHAEL GRIFFIN,
America's Escape Artist

Visit: www.escapeguy.com
Like: www.facebook.com/michaelgriffinescapes
Follow: www.twitter.com/escapeguy
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Hold the duck in both hands, have them all duct taped, the duck escapes.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
OK I was wrong .... you came to the right place..... I was getting hung up on the word trick..... I still think a card to duck tape wallet could be good .... but may be you could do a signed bill to wallet? (sorry - that was bad!!!! )
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You have to decide why you want to do this. If there's no reason for it, no story that the audience can follow, it won't matter how difficult it is.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Magicman344

Afghan bands
ripped and restored tape
a blindfold
an item vanishes only to be found in a roll of tape
feel a color, with different colors of tape
Spectator places tape on a card and the card is found elsewhere
you can rip the tape but a spectator can not
in again out again wrists
Tape a box shut and an item is found inside
tape a box shut and you escape from within it
a giant bengal net
use the tape to make a square then something penetrates that spot and when the tape is removed the spot is solid
make a dove from white tape and it becomes real
make a ball from tape and it becomes real - you bounce it - This one I've done with orange tape to an orange ball and it's amazing for the spectators
Guess what color tape (just a square) the spectator is holding
stretch the tape across two points and walk through it

magicman344 You need to buy copies of Dunningers Encyclopedia, Mark Wilson's Encyclopedia and all the Tarbells Courses. I wrote the above ideas in three minutes. Those books are mandatory reading. Ask for them for Christmas or your birthday.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 17:24, jay leslie wrote:
Guess what color tape (just a square) the spectator is holding

Can it be done with a bill shaped piece of tape or even a duck shaped one?

Quote:
On 2013-05-09 17:24, jay leslie wrote:
magicman344 You need to buy copies of Dunningers Encyclopedia, Mark Wilson's Encyclopedia and all the Tarbells Courses. I wrote the above ideas in three minutes. Those books are mandatory reading. Ask for them for Christmas or your birthday.

I asked...... but the wife always forgets what I asked for! Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
What Jay said about books.

Afghan bands are particularly beautiful, and rarely used.

www.bladewalker.com
magicman344
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of magicman344
I'm not aware of what Afghan bands are, could somebody explain the concept to me?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's a beautiful old routine involving mobius strips. There are several presentations published. Check your Tarbell.

www.bladewalker.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
And remember: A "Kellar Dropper" does not drop kellars.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2013-05-15 18:35, magicman344 wrote:
I'm not aware of what Afghan bands are, could somebody explain the concept to me?

That's why you need to get for those books as gifts or buy them with your own money. You won't be sorry. A whole new world will open up for you.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Mobius strip as a mathematical demonstration is magic in itself. Even when I set it up just for fun I never cease to be amazed. Its MAD - almost like real magic in itself. You should "play" with the afgan bands - great fun to be had. Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I use the afgan bands in my show quite often. I have yet to find the patter that works just right for me. The result is sometimes it hits and sometimes it misses.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
So.. there were the two Afghans that walked into a bar and the third Afghan was smart enough to "duct".
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I don't think anyone should say the Afghans blows people away and I'm planning on using them next weekend. The watch keepers will be reading every post ..... Darn it I bet there here now I said it.

Jay are Afghans tall or were he ducts in the bar just low?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The power of duct tape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL