The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller's AFTERSHOCK and DIVORCE (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 01:54, close_up_act wrote:
I placed my order on divorce... its the best product I have ever purchased from E....

thanks again for sharing your magic JM,

Junior Smile

Wow, well hopefully the next 19 to be released will stand up to this.
Thank you bro!
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-19 05:11, Rabid wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 14:12, The Donald wrote:

Justin steals the effects so Ellusionist doesn't have to. That much is clear.

That's a very, very bold remark.

My haters are so stupid.Like incredibly dumb. I wish I had at least some smart ones. I mean seriously how stupid do you have to be to HATE someone/something, but yet talk about non-stop. All they are doing is drawing more people to the products. I cant pay for this kind of advertising. If I hated something that bad I would NEVER talk about it.
JM
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I stand by my remarks earlier. Although many of the moves have been published before I think Justins routine is absolutely amazing. Every phase builds upon the last until the final kick at the end.. Absolutely fantastic ....

Love it bro.. Keep up the good work.. Haters will hate but those wanting a workable routine will appreciate ...

-Bobby
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 15:36, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 22:03, Casshan wrote:
I'm finally back but this is the first thread I wanted to hop on! Divorce, is truly amazing..... the ring thru finger thing is absolutely stunning. I've seen it in person like twenty times and each time... it fries me more and more. When I saw he was selling it, it went straight to my cart! Good job justin Smile

cash,
Thank you bro for the kind words.
JM

No problem man Smile you deserved those words for this one. I'm just glad you released it cause its awesome! I'm Not performing this til I have it 100%
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
CRISTIANpestritu
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of CRISTIANpestritu
Hey JM if I may , I've found a cool little thing that you can use when doing aftershock that I want to share with the class. If any of you have "the vintage holdout" (an old trick from zack mueller on th11/wire) use it with aftershock. because if you are afraid you will flash the card that you put outside the box when you bring the box back to view . this will help alot. you don't need to worry about that card you have it ready for the restoration moment. hope this helps .

C
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Just dropping a word to say, Divorce is the bomb Smile I love it!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-06-02 09:31, ryoma4148 wrote:
Just dropping a word to say, Divorce is the bomb Smile I love it!

Much appreciated.
JM
Xaerius
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Xaerius
I just bought Divorce yesterday, and have been practicing since then. Great routine!

I will be using Divorce together with David Jay's Ring Master routine. The effects, in my opinion, complement each other very well and add to the impossibility of the effects!

Nigel
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
I love the fact that it is so easy to adjust the routine and make it your own. I have the ring through finger down pretty well I believe. I am thinking it might be more powerful using the spectators ring to cancel out the idea that you are using a trick ring. The fact that it is all sleights is what makes it so beautiful. People automatically jump to the idea of a trick ring. It blows their minds when they can't find anything fishy.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

I now have a version where it goes thru their finger. .it will be on the bold project.
JM
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Some may remember I said I wouldn't buy JM material for multi reasons... Well foot in my mouth... I had to buy Divorce! Great routine JM, congrats!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-06-19 21:44, MichalMystic wrote:
Some may remember I said I wouldn't buy JM material for multi reasons... Well foot in my mouth... I had to buy Divorce! Great routine JM, congrats!

Thank you brother! Im really happy you changed your Mind! !
JM
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Ps JM if that ain't a quote I don't know what is! Lol jkjkjk
magicPhred
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magicPhred
First - I love both routine, especially divorce. It's great, and visual. I dibn't know of the other routines that were strung together, but Divorce does a good job of producing a solid cohesive routine out of them. However....
[quote Justin Miller]
Every single move that is not mine has been public domain, taught on a dvd, download, lecture notes, or some sort of media
[/quote]

I have a serious problem in the above logic. In other words, that 'once you buy the secret to a method, you can resell it on your own as long as you give credit'. If I understand correctly, by that logic I could buy both divorce and aftershock, and release a 'routine' called: Divor-shock and sell it (for say 7.99$). I would give full credit for sure. In fact I have bought lots of magic tricks in the past, I could bundle them all together, make an instruction video and sell it cheap (20$ for hundreds of dollars of magic).

As methods are hard to patent, and protect, all of the above may be legal (or more precisely, 'not illegal' -I don't know), but it certainly isn't moral, or right.

What is the difference between doing what I described above and 'cheap knock off' tricks that I have seen complained about on the forum in the past?

P.S. I googled Ring Thing and found it for sale at penguin for 25$. Divorce includes Ring Thing, and is 10$.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

I believe that I and every magician has every right to use already published material that someone puts out, as long as you give FULL credit to that magician, now if it is unpublished material, then hell no! But you seem to be missing the point as I did not take a full routine, take it without changing it, and then taught it. Which is exactly what your example would be doing if you took after-schock and Divorce and combined them. I took a move that (is based on a 19th century thimble move) used in a BIGGER routine, added it as a phase to a BIGGER routine (which is exactly what garret did with the ring thing) and gave Garrett FULL CREDIT! I am making money on a BIGGER picture, MY IDEA of taking all these moves (which some are mine and some are others while still giving FULL CREDIT to each and every single magician) and combining them into one solid flowing routine.

Sorry but Ring Thing is NOT that one move...watch the DVD and you would know that.
JM
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
I got this and liked it. And great piece of magic in a very GWish style ...

Props to Justin who has put together a great motivated routine and real worker.

I have to agree on the ethics side. I believe it isn't about giving full credit ... but getting FULL PERMISSION from the creators, where still possible. It'd be nice to see more releases respecting that.

I guess Garrett didn't agree as Ellusionist has cut Ring Thing from the video ... so it kind of just jumps randomly into the explanation portion.

If you like this I'd recommend you check out Greg Wilson's In Action series and you'll also learn the Ring Thing there and another great routine with a ring.

Also like JMs Ring Slide Smile
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
magicPhred
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magicPhred
I am not commenting on what you did, (which I said was a great routine btw) but rather what you said. What you said was once something is published, you can resell the teachings within, as long as you give full credit. My silly example of combining a whole bunch of effects is admitatly ridiculous, but it doesn't violate your stated logic. To make that statement ethical for me, full credit would need to be changed to FULL PERMISSION.

Are you really saying that you would be okay with someone taking moves from one or more of your routines, changing them (maybe even for the better), giving you full credit (but not asking you), and selling them?

You are right that I don't know the specifics involved, but I am trying to point out that the sweeping statement above is not ethical, and certainly not what any magician creating and selling wants to have happen to their routines.

Again, I am not saying that you DID any of this (as you state, many, of not all the moves are ancient - and you DID talk to Garrett).
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Hey yall. So now instead of actually pulling the ring thru my finger I pull it RIGHT THRU THEIRS! That's right you can now pull the ring thru their finger. I will put this on THE BOLD PROJECT. Also, For divorce, if you cannot get a ring for the last phase, I use a lit cig. Your ring is placed into your pocket, you then take a lit cig, place it into you hand, and it visually changes to the ring and then you go to your pocket and take out the lit cig. It's super visual and really magical...once again on THE BOLD PROJECT soon!!
JM
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
Aftershock.

Anyone? I think it looks like a great flash restored card (I'm guessing it's totally impromptu (no prep whatsover)) but without watching more than 4 times, nice very nice.
Booyah!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-07-25 11:00, restaurant3000 wrote:
Aftershock.

Anyone? I think it looks like a great flash restored card (I'm guessing it's totally impromptu (no prep whatsover)) but without watching more than 4 times, nice very nice.

Thanks man! It is not totally impromptu, it has a small bit of prep work..but worth it!
JM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller's AFTERSHOCK and DIVORCE (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL