The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Performing for royalty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Hi I will be entertaining members of royalty soon any ideas on effects obviously they have seen magicians before, but I want to do something a little difrant to other magicians that have entertained them in the past. any ideas?

All help is much appreciated thank you in advance
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How will you know what they have and have not already seen? How do you know what you put in as new will indeed be different?

Dance with the girl that brung ya. Do what you already know well. It is why you were hired in the first place.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
What you say makes sense Danny But I perform much of the classic extreme burn, bottle thru table,interlace you get the idea I am looking for something that has not been done to death by other magicians but I do understand in what you are saying and thank you for your help :-}
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Most laymen haven't even seen(or remember) effects that have been done to death by other magicians. To a laymen most of it is new.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
What type of situation will you be performing in? How old are the people your performing for? Knowing a little more may help with suggestions.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Crown to wallet, broken and restored scepter-stick with the classics.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Royal Marriages plot.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Is this at the White House for King Obama?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
If you suspect that your audiences have seen it all; then do things that most magicians won't do. Ex. stay away from cards or coins magic.
Tricks that are organic and uses ordinary objects will be your best bet.

Dan Hauss' "Flow" is a good one. Bottle thru table is actually a great choice as there will prob. be bottles around.

how about the classic that I haven't seen many magicians do lately: vanishing a lit cigarette into the spectator's jacket via TT..
you get the idea.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
What I meant to say is; most lay people assume that when you bring out a deck of playing cards, you are going to do the SAME thing the last magician did (pick a card, find a card) - even as we all know there are thousands of diff. card tricks out there.
When you bring out an element that they have seen a magician used before, they will automatically lump it in as the same trick.

So .... use an element that most magicians don't use.. hence my suggestion for Flow (doing magic with water, an element that isn't commonly used among magicians), and other magic that doesn't involve cards or coins or other popular close up elements
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 00:33, Pete Biro wrote:
Is this at the White House for King Obama?
:-)
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 09:07, ShirtlessKirk wrote:
Most laymen haven't even seen(or remember) effects that have been done to death by other magicians. To a laymen most of it is new.

I agree. I've done Prof. Nightmare, Invis. Deck and Invis Deck more times than I can remember but 99.9% of the time it is a first for the specs.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 07:41, magicshayne wrote:
Hi I will be entertaining members of royalty soon any ideas on effects ?

Kate, Stan and Elizabeth. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess if I thought I was doing something people thiught was done to dwath I would look for new tricks.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Thank you all some very good comments there much appreciated.

@Dannydoyle I agree but classics of magic are good for most situations and classics for reasons I was just looking for something a little out the ordinary as remeber these types of people are attending events all the time, so keeping that in mind the chances of them seeing a magician is very high as compared to normal people. It is never to late to learn something new and always room for improvement :-}
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Two.separate issues. While classics are so for a reason, doing them with your personality is important.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Use a Tragic Royalty deck! LOL
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Do your A list material. Whatever that is.
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Two words... HEAD CHOPPER!

OK another vote for your "A" material!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 08:07, magicshayne wrote:
What you say makes sense Danny But I perform much of the classic extreme burn, bottle thru table,interlace you get the idea I am looking for something that has not been done to death by other magicians but I do understand in what you are saying and thank you for your help :-}

Those are classics?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Performing for royalty (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL