The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How I Predicted Super Bowl XLVI (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
Check out my new book,"How I Predicted Super Bowl XLVI - A marketing strategy for novices and professionals," it's available at PenguinMagic.com!

Whether you are a novice or professional this book can help you get that boost you need in your entertainment career.

This book will teach you the techniques used by Mentalist Dan Cain to gain notoriety in newspapers, television, radio and just about any other media outlet.

This is a FULL mentalism routine, a PROVEN marketing strategy and a GOLDEN opportunity for you to take your career to a higher level.

Thank you for allowing me to share this with everyone!

-Dan Cain
http://www.cainillusions.com
"Only those that seek magic find it."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
That's quite an endorsement you got from Paul. Congratulations!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3489

"Dan Cain's How I Predicted the Super Bowl really is a great piece of work. Not only does Dan explain how the prediction was made (the 'trick' element if you like), but he takes time to explain how to gain a ton of free publicity from the prediction. Mentalists have historically used headline predictions to promote themselves and shows they are performing. Dan takes this idea to the next level by explaining how to involve local businesses, venues, newspapers and radio stations, and how to give the actual day of the prediction reveal a party atmosphere! I loved reading Dan's book, and was grateful to be given an insight into the mind of someone who is clearly passionate about mentalism. This is a great piece of work, and should be read by anyone with an interest in magic and mentalism, whether a seasoned professional or a newcomer to the business." -Paul Voodini
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
Thank you! It really is an honor to have Paul endorse my book. There may be more surprises real soon!
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
I just received an endorsement from Richard Osterlind himself. He is such a wonderful person.

Dan,
I enjoyed reading all the different aspect of your Superbowl prediction. Anyone contemplating doing a stunt like this would learn a lot from your book.
-Richard
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
Wonderful mentions! Thank you all! Check it out on Penguinmagic! http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3489
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I saw Dan lecture at the Delaware Knights of Magic meeting a couple of months ago. If you get a chance to see him, I definitely recommend it.
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
Thank you DelMagic. It was a great pleasure to be in front of everyone there!
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
Check out the reviews that are coming in! http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3489
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Any full reviews here from purchasers? How does this compare to other items?
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I too am interested in reading any full reviews of this. Is the method an advance on the Glass Box Prediction (revisited) or Lee Earle's wonderful Headline Prediction?
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
I picked this up from Penguin a few days ago. I wanted to get it not because I was interested in the method of how Dan did the predictions but I was interested in using a prediction as a marketing tool. That is exactly what you are getting. You do not receive some new elaborate prediction method. The method goes back to the days of Corinda. However Dan does use this method in an extremely bold way. What you get in this book is step by step what he did to garner a tremendous amount of publicity by using a headline or Superbowl Prediction. I am producing a new show starting in July and this book was right up my alley of what I needed. I was looking for a way to draw up lots of attention in a magical way. This will certainly do it. You get a great cause to benefit, you get lots of the town officials involved, you get publicity in steps not just for the day of the prediction. People will be talking about the event before and after the day the prediction is read. You will get lots of free media attention. You will automatically get a status position in your community. Dan tells you the way he accomplished this effect and tells you other ways you can achieve it using props that will cost you pennies all the way up to $5,000.

The thing is you could probably do the stuff in this book on your own but it would take a lot of trial and error on your part. Dan Cain has given you a great prediction effect and if you follow the steps in the book you will guarantee yourself's a great amount of marketing and publicity for a small amount of effort. I thought this was extremely beneficial for what I want to do and it is completely worth the cost. Most of the time if you get marketing magic books they give you a Hodge Podge of ideas and it is up for you to see what sticks and what works. This is the exact method Dan used a number of times to gain media exposure and publicity and If you follow everything I know it will work for you the exact same way.

Highly Recommended .....Thanks Dan!
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm glad I found this!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Dankai,

I have a question for you: When you approach people, groups, etc, and tell them what you do for a living "I am a mentalist", do you get a lot of puzzled looks and people asking "What's a mentalist?"
Or have you found that in general, folks are pretty conversant with the term?

Just curious.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
Thank you Gordon! I truly appreciate your review. I hope you keep me updated with your progress!

daffydoug - People still struggle with the term "Mentalist." They just have no idea what that means. When people would ask what I did for a living I would try and explain it to them. They would have those puzzled looks you mentioned. lol
Then I began elaborating on what a mentalist is - an honest psychic. lol Because if a psychic were honest they would tell you they were performing mental illusions.
Nowadays I respond by saying, "It's a bit difficult to explain what I do for a living. It's better if I show you." Then I will proceed with an Acidus Novus routine. Presentation is EVERYTHING. I hope that helps. Smile
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
It really is a great feeling to know how well the information in my book is being received. Thank you all very much. The reviews on Penguinmagic are wonderful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How I Predicted Super Bowl XLVI (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL