The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where do you load from? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I'm working on a six final load sequence for my formal Cups and Balls routine. This is only for formal/parlour and formal/close-up.

I'm wondering where you all work from in regard to your final loads. I need to load four from the left, and two from the right. They are tennis ball sized. I'm currently using a rear belt puch for the left, but I need a dropper type of apparatus for the right. Any dropper ideas? I've tried a sock, but sometimes the ball falls out prematurely.

I look forward to your ideas.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Use two billiard ball holders (wire loop type), one for each ball side by side. Hang 'em on your pants so they stay in place as the jacket loads move a bit.

What kind of wardrobe? Like in photo above? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Pete,
Thanks. No, I wear a black suit. The jacket is unbuttoned.
If I hang them from my belt, will a jacket cover them?

Eric Smile
family/magic/music/life
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Sporting stores sell tennis ball holders that go on your waist. These work great for your non dominant hand. I shouldn't have told you this one, gosh darn it.
Cheers- Chris
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Chris,
The cat's out of the bag now. Tell me more about these. Can they attach to a belt, do they hang vertically or wear horizontally? Any other info would be great.

Eric
family/magic/music/life
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Hi Eric,

The tennis ball holders attach to your belt, and some you can just clip anywhere. Take a look at this picture:

http://www.goldenrescue.org/products/tennis_ball_holder.jpg

That's what they are. Good luck!

Mike.
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have two little dogs now but when I had my pair of Danes, a holder like that would have been suicide. Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Great link, Mike. Thanks.

Eric
family/magic/music/life
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
No prob Eric, glad to help.

Good luck!

Mike. Smile
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
You didn't mention if you were standing or sitting. If I had to guess, I would say standing. I load from a visible pouch that hangs on my side. It carries my props, like my cups and wand. I also wear a gibercie that can accomodate more if I need it, but I haven't yet.

When I am sitting, I stash my loads about my body and during the show I load my lap with as much as it will hold and then get the rest from my pockets as per the routine.

I am designing a lap bag that will have a place for loads along with decks of cards and other props, plus a way to keep things from rolling off your lap.

Kirk Grodske
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
Get a T*pit..
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where do you load from? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL