The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Equipment recommendations for camera and mic setup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on an audio/visual setup. I have found some useful threads here yet these are from a year or more ago so I'm checking for updated advice.

I want to start shooting video blogs and promo material and maybe some audio only podcasts. Mostly I'll be recording indoors where I can control the lighting etc to some degree. I'll probably be working on it alone hitting record with the camera on a tripod, not having an operator move the camera or zooming or anything while I'm performing. At most an unskilled person would be hitting record/stop for me.

My budget is about $1000.

I have no experience in this area so any pointers will be useful Smile
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
Hi guys,

Being the total audio/visual newbie I am, I didn't realise what a big question that was! I've put in a lot of research and found some great resources to get started. One site that really helped was http://wolfcrow.com/
There are a lot of good forums too which you can find links to on wolfcrow.
DavidThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of DavidThomas
Hi, I have done a lot of shooting over the years and am amazed on how camera have changed. I would recommend that you visit "Best buy" and check out their HD camcorders. Buy the most expensive camera you can afford. For around 1000 bucks you can get an amazing unit. Try it out and see if it works. You can return if it doesn't work for your needs. If you go up to 2500 plus you can get into the Prosumer models but this might be more then you need.
David Thomas
TheWorldofMagic.com
chrisontour
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of chrisontour
Check out the JVC Everio HD Camcorder. It's available for a couple hundred dollars now online and provides sharp professional HD quality, great low light, and easy to use format for dragging and dropping video files into your editor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Equipment recommendations for camera and mic setup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL