The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Dear friends,

Rostami Magic is proud to introduce teleFoto . . .

Over the last four years, our magic apps have gone through THREE evolutionary phases:

1. iForce (2009)- the world's first organic magic app - A "Doodle" app is used to predict anything - Your audience sees your smartphone running a doodle app.
2. iPredict+ & iPredict Pro (2010, 2012) - Your spectator calls/texts you or a friend that KNOWS what they're thinking - Your audience sees your smartphone used to look up a phone number.

What if you could have a magic app where your smartphone is NEVER SEEN . . .

3. teleFoto (2013)- Your spectator looks at a photo on ANY device and you KNOW what they're looking at - Your audience sees YOU, JUST STANDING THERE! . . . There's nothing in your hands, nothing in your ears . . . you can even be blindfolded!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN9ijWfhu3E

Effect:
You instruct a spectator to go to a web browser on THEIR device (phone/tablet/computer) and type in a very short URL.
"These random photo sites are amazing. This site has thousands of photos of Las Vegas."

You instruct another spectator to close your eyes with her hands.
"I want you to make sure I can't see . . . tight on my face . . . REAL TIGHT!"

"Please swipe through those photos and stop at whatever photo you like. You can go forwards or backwards. When you find a photo you like stop and concentrate on all the details of that photo."

You are now deep in concentration as you slowly speak . . .

"Hmmm . . . an image is forming in my mind . . . I see a daytime photo . . . it's of a large structure . . . It's not a hotel . . . I see a lot of sky . . . VERY tall . . . I see it! It's a photo of the Stratosphere tower!!"

The audience gasps . . . She removes her hands from your eyes and the spectator shows a photo of the Stratosphere on HIS PHONE!!!

Features of teleFoto:
★ As long as your spectator has an internet connection (3G, 4G, LTE, WiFi, etc) you can perform.
★ Your spectator can use ANY device (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc).
★ You never touch or see the spectator's device. EVER!
★ Perform completely surrounded.
★You can create as many albums of photos as you like.
★ These albums can either be populated automatically based on a topic, or upload your own photos (two albums included, ESP and Vegas).
★ You can have as many photos as you like in an album.
★ The URL of your album is VERY short and designed to be easily memorized.
★ Perform as often as you like with different photos . . . everyone will swear that you're telepathic.
★ You can either perform with nothing or with a notepad. With a notepad you can draw the photo that they're looking at.
★ Since these photos are yours . . . create any effect you like . . . products, celebrities, cards, people, places, etc.
★ Include a link of these photos anywhere . . . on your website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
★ ALL your spectators see is you, standing there, reading there mind! THAT'S IT!

The introductory price of teleFoto is $29.99

We are very excited about this release, and can't wait for your creative input.

all the best,
Greg Rostami

Click here to view attached image.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1569 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Nice Job Greg! ...

Looks like real magic !!!

- Steve
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you Steve,

Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
TeleFoto is NOW AVAILABLE on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai.......android

enjoy,
Greg Rostami
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just downloaded this, what a fabulous App. It will really make them think you can read minds, Greg just PMed you , George
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Wow Greg. This looks great. I like that lady in the video trying to shush everyone around her so as not to give you any clues.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of rasp
COME ON APPLE......... GET YOUR FINGER OUT!!!

Looking forward to this Greg Smile

Ian.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I would like to further elaborate on some of the cool features of teleFoto.

I've always been fascinated by remote viewing products (ie Craig Filicetti's products like 'Multi Dimensional' and Steve's new RVPhotocube).

I wanted to create a product that was motivated with more than six options . . . and you didn't have to carry anything extra with you. Smile
Now, don't get me wrong, I recognize the strengths of hardware based products, and I have TREMENDOUS respect for these creators.

teleFoto is a new utility device that a magician could use in many different ways.

Photos imply an infinite data set. Photos can't be quantified . . . there aren't 6 or 52 options . . . And they can mean something special to the performer or the situation . . . Photos have emotional hooks.

The highest priority of teleFoto is to convey a sense of a LARGE number of photos.

The app comes with two default folders (ESP and Vegas) so that you can perform immediately; but the real power is when you add your own photos.

You can create as many albums as you like with as many photos in each album.

These albums are simply websites that you can give anyone, any way you like (Facebook, Twitter, embed on your website, text message, QR code, etc).

You can perform teleFoto in person, over the phone or on stage.

These days it's very commonplace for people to share photos with each other on their smartphones.
Showing people some of your photos is motivated and considered a social norm.

If your specs ask "Why don't you use your phone?" we've built a feature that allows you to prove to them "My battery's dead"!

The web based interface uses common swiping gestures to go back and forth through the photos.
A URL shortener is built into teleFoto so if you have to tell someone the web address, they don't have to type for too long.

If you perform in a walk-around environment, we've spent a LOT of time building technology that would stop the curious spectator from the previous table, interfering with your current performance.
People always ask, "What happens if two people are looking at the same album?" . . . We solved that problem.

There are two ways for the magician to "know" which photo the spectator is looking at. You can choose the right method for your performance.

You can probably tell that I'm very proud of this app and very excited about it's release.

I hope it's a utility to my fellow magician friends.
Greg Rostami
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Greg, looks like I'll be picking this up. Great stuff. I do have a quick question...is this best performed in noisy environments and not as suitable in one-on-one quiet settings? Thanks.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi itsmagic,

I've performed teleFoto many times in one-on-one quiet settings without any problems.
In most of those performances, I've had a spectator holding my eyes closed, standing right behind me, and there were no problems.

This is because your phone is in your pocket.

On the Android version you can control how soft or loud the signals are by reducing the length of the pulses.

This also has the added benefit of communicating to you MUCH faster.

If you're in a SUPER quiet area, you can simply move further away from your spectators for a dramatic effect . . .

Or put your phone in your SOCK!!

I'm now typing this message in a VERY quiet room . . . with my iPhone in my sock, I can't hear it (and I know what to listen for).
The nice thing about putting your phone in your sock is, if someone asks, "Where's your phone?" You can turn your pockets inside out and say "I left it in the car".

cheers,
Greg
mentalran
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mentalran
Just downloaded the app! I love my md cube but now I love telefoto even more!! thank you Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you Ran . . .

I can't wait to see how you'll use it.

all the best,
Greg
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of Marqus
You can get this for the iphone, correct?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Marqus,

It's done for the iPhone, but it still has to be approved by Apple before it'll go on sale.

I hope Apple will approve it in two weeks.

Keep your fingers crossed,
Greg Rostami
sharonyyy
View Profile
New user
israel
57 Posts

Profile of sharonyyy
Wow !! works great,i upload my family pictures and used that and its great. I add two links to my site and asked people to enter my site and click on the albums Smile

thanks greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Wow sharonyyy,

You're using it EXACTLY the way I thought web savvy magicians would use it.
Using your family photos adds an extra sense of organic magic to your performance.

I hope you have a lot of fun with teleFoto.

thank you for your support,
Greg Rostami
mentalran
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mentalran
I also added a link of the albums to my site and it works like a gem!
its much more easy to close shows this way over the phone
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yes Ran,

The over the phone usage of teleFoto is really cool . . . especially when it's a link on your website with your own photos.

I don't know if you read the part of the manual regarding iFrames, but embedding teleFoto using an iFrame on your website, completely makes it look like it's a part of your website:

For example if your website is:
http://www.RostamiMagic.com

Your teleFoto album can have a website of:
http://www.RostamiMagic.com/photos

This way your spectator will never see a suspicious website address.

Here's a website that describes how to use iFrames:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

thank you Ran,
Greg
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1190 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Hi Greg,

Just wondered if TeleFoto uses the same method as Dash Magic App?

It's similar to Telefoto. What are your thoughts on someone creating something similar to TeleFoto?

Here is the link if you haven't seen this yet

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dash-magic/id529137090?mt=8

Myke
Er1tro
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
124 Posts

Profile of Er1tro
It s a principle that always fascinated me.

In every period great minds developed the same ideas and made the same discoveries at the same moment.

Just to make an example Robert Hook in 1665 discovered the existence of the cell. After 200 years two scientist, Schwann and Schleiden, had exactly the same thoughts about a new definition of the word cell.

I know, great minds think alike and in this case the basis idea seems the same. I absolutely love it!!!

Greg's version seems to me more like a serious magic tool than the dash app.

Like every product Greg created there is really a lot of work and deep thinking inside it (and not just referring to the apps). This takes obviously a long time before the releasing and what comes out at the end is simple perfect, like iPredict Pro.

Yesterday I played around with the dash app and I'm having a lot of fun with it! It's more commercial but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Just two different apps for me..glad both exist.

I just would suggest to raise the price a little bit.

My 2 cents
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL