The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Myke,

I'm familiar with DASH. I think it's a great app and a great effect.

teleFoto uses vibration codes that can be customized.

Many products in the past have used vibration codes. With teleFoto you can make up your own codes.

teleFoto was designed to be a utility device. You upload your own images.

So if you wanted to make DASH with teleFoto you can . . . you simply upload images of cards.
You can upload as many card images as you like, there are no limitations.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
How far away can the person viewing the photos be from the receiver?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
@slyhand
the actually can be on the other side of the world if you want to! Smile
Greg did it with me over skype
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Can't wait to play with this when apple finally approves.

I personally feel like it'd be stronger with photos that don't seem to be yours. For example, forcing a city like Vegas somehow and then saying hmmm let's try this...

Maybe you "google" Vegas images on email them the link... I'm thinking off the top here, and a lot would depend on how the site looks. But I'm sure there's a presentation that makes it seem like you have no idea what those photos are.

Even better yet maybe you google something really common and just copy those photos - that way, weeks later if your spec googles that forced item they will see that image again.

Just some thoughts...
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi slyhand,

As Nico (parkrocker) has said, the transmitter and the receiver can be anywhere on the planet, just as long as both of them have internet access, it will work.
I have now done this over Skype to many people all over the world . . . to quote a French magician "That's scary!!".

Hi DynaMix,

You are absolutely correct about the random nature of the photos. You've probably noticed that in my presentation I say "these random photo websites have thousands of photos about various topics".

Our Café friend george1953, has come up with an AWESOME set of photos that completely BLEW me away.

I'm not sure he wants me to share his ideas with everyone . . . but all I can say is EVERY one of my teleFoto customers has had ideas that I would have never come up with on my own.

Your clever thinking is THE reason why I make utility magic products.

Magic On brothers,
Greg Rostami
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I am reading that I can create albums from any device. I have tried from my computer but nothing happens when I click "edit" or the "?". What am I doing wrong?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi slyhand,

I just PMed you instructions.

I'm sorry about any confusion. The video instructions and the written instructions tell you how to do that.

Greg
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2086 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Oh, boy, cannot wait for this...
Greg, when Apple approves, will this work on iPad and mini, as well, as iPhone?
Would this require separate purchases?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi dooblehorn,

We can make it work on tablets, the only problem is, a tablet doesn't fit in your pocket. Smile

When you purchase teleFoto for an iPhone, I'll show you a way of using it on your iPad or mini.

cheers,
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Very important.

Ever since we released teleFoto, we've learned a few interesting facts about the way the internet interacts with teleFoto.

If you have any problems with teleFoto, here are the top reasons why it doesn't work.

1. You don't have internet access or you have VERY slow internet access.
The solution is perform in places where there is internet access.

2. Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers) block access to URL shorteners.
The solution is don't use the shortened version of the URL (as displayed by teleFoto). Use the actual URL of your teleFoto album. You can see what that is when you visit any of your teleFoto albums in the address bar of your browser.

3. On some computers, (especially PCs) virus protection software may stop the transmitter part of teleFoto.
The solution is don't use that computer. 99% of the time this is not a problem since you'll be performing for people that'll be using a smartphone or tablet.

I have to give a big thanks to my teleFoto customers that have gone out of their way to help me resolve these issues.

Thank you Nico Scholl, and Dr. Eamon (John) for helping me.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Hmmm...was actually wondering about this.

Is there anyway to check? I suppose if we are in a crowded bar for example, we could load the site on our own phone really quickly and try to flip through the photos? obviously that may not test the trasmitter part but it'd at least let us know there was decent access wherever we were, no?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi DynaMix,

To answer your question,
Yes, if you can open any browser and view an album, then the trick is going to work at that location.
That's what I do if I'm uncertain if it's gonna work or not.

One time I was trying to perform teleFoto up on the hills in Pasadena, CA where the signal is BAD.
I did the above test, and it failed. Hence, I didn't do teleFoto. I did iPredict+ Smile

One of the great things about the Android OS is that it's a real multi-tasking operating system.

If you REALLY wanna make sure it's gonna work:
Launch teleFoto on your Android phone and touch the album you want to perform.
Launch a browser on your Android phone, type the URL of the album
Swipe to any photo that you know will v******* and wait for the default 4 seconds.

If it works, you'll FEEL it! Smile
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

Here's the latest news about teleFoto on iPhone.

The app was just rejected by Apple. The reasons were really easy to fix.

I hope the app will be approved soon.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed!
Greg
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
Grrr... apple... Still waiting Greg! Thanks for pushing this for us!\

Michael
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Bummer! I have so many ideas for this I'm dying to download...
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
268 Posts

Profile of geggy
Hi Greg...This looks great, but can you tell me the memory work involved,.. Ie. if there are hundrdeds of photos how does a signal describe to you the photo they have stopped ......Thanks .......Gerry
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of rasp
Hi Geggy....... Would you really expect Greg to give away the specifics of how the app works?

As for the memory work, I think I have read somewhere in this thread or maybe another, that the app allows you to custom your own code.

Probably easier if you were to Skype Greg. He's a great guy and I'm sure he would dem the app for you.

Regards,

Ian.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Ian is correct.

You can customize the codes.

The app is designed to give the impression of LOTS of photos when in reality the Vegas album that you saw on the demo video only has 10 codes!

But the spectator thinks there are MANY MANY more photos. When you get the app you'll see how this is possible.

Hi Gerry,

The memory work for teleFoto is so easy that you'll master it in 5 to 10 minutes.
There are two default albums that come with the app . . . ESP and Vegas.

The ESP one you'll do the moment you get the app . . . it's that easy.
The Vegas one will take 5 to 10 minutes to memorize since there are only 10 codes.

Magic on brothers,
Greg

P.S. I hope you are all praying to your Steve Jobs shrine for a quick approval.
I'm writing this message from my shrine . . . the candle wax is all over my keyboard Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have the Android versión and if you can count to ten you can do the memory work. I used it for the first time in anger last night and everyone was blown away, it really is good.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Wow George,

Used it in anger?!

What happened?

I would love to know the details . . .

Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL