The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
265 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 19:23, rasp wrote:
Hi Geggy....... Would you really expect Greg to give away the specifics of how the app works?

As for the memory work, I think I have read somewhere in this thread or maybe another, that the app allows you to custom your own code.

Probably easier if you were to Skype Greg. He's a great guy and I'm sure he would dem the app for you.

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian,
I asked about the amount of memory work involved and then gave an example; absolutely no fishing, Greg has kindly given me a reply, which was specific.......I think this looks terrific, ...I'm of to the Google play store

Regards...Gerry
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Ok Lets say ive just crawled out from the preverbial rock & don't know anything at all about this effect (apart from seeing the demo)....How easy is this to perform? I would like this to work in a similar set to my MD cube. (Yes I have Andriod)
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi magicmike,

Thank you for your interest in teleFoto.
Here's how easy it is to perform teleFoto.

Launch the teleFoto app on your Android phone.
Touch the album you wanna perform ( it comes with two albums so you can perform immediately ) and put your phone in your pocket.
Ask them to go to the URL of your album on their device.
As they look at the photos on their device, they swipe back and forth and stop on any photo.

You can "feel" the photo that they're on.

The memory work will take you 5 to 10 mins.

Cheers,
Greg Rostami
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Very Interested...Quick Question Greg Im due to upgrade my phone next week will I have to "rebuy" the app?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Magicmike221,

You don't have to rebuy the app. As long as you'll be getting another Android phone then you'll be fine.

all the best,
Greg
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Ok Im buyin
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Bought n Installed.
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
When I make multiple albums will I have multiple URL's as well?

Because then they can choose which album to use:
"There is a collection stockphoto's with birds, one with sports, one with famous people, movies, buildings etc."

Just make sure the coding is similar in every album.
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I think I am going to make a pad to duplicate the photo with a pocket that will hold my phone facing me.

I can then have unlimited photos with no memory work. That's more my style.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Like many, I love this app.

I saw that this was discussed elsewhere, but is there a chance to add binary code support for the android (since it will not work on iOS). It can be left up to the user if they want the default coding scheme or the binary scheme. I prefer having 20-30 photos and utilizing 5 vibrations. The current scheme is great for a relatively low number of photos and as the vibration gets longer, it just adds more room for error, especially if for some reason a beat is missed and one has to wait for the repeat.

I have seen binary in few apps and it does not sound terribly hard to incorporate. Maybe in future update one can have the choice.

I apologize if this was discussed in detail in another thread. I just could not find it and thought to raise the issue here.

Either way, this is such a great app! Great job Greg!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi ash2arani,

Thank you.

Yes, the idea of a binary system has been discussed on another thread.

This is something that we are planning for a future version of teleFoto.

cheers,
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
You may have noticed that we have a few more surprises for you . . .

1. The album now displays arrows at the bottom of the photo.
This was done for the people that are embedding their teleFoto album on their website and want to simply click on left and right arrows to navigate.
You can toggle the arrows by clicking (or touching) the photo. This way you can see the whole image with nothing covering it up.

2. On the old version of the album viewer, on iOS devices, the network activity monitor would constantly spin and flash (which was really annoying and distracting).
That's now been fixed. The only time your spectator will see any network activity is when they swipe or arrow to the next screen.

enjoy,
Greg Rostami
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
315 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Awesome! I like the fix with the network activity monitor a lot. I was hoping to never be questioned about it, because it can be noticable. Now there is nothing to worry about.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3883 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Wonderful! Following your instructions I could easily embed 3 tests (3 albums/galleries) on my website. And it is working beautifully on all mobile devices, PCs and laptops. The ids are hidden as well. You could see it here (just click on the bottom of the site on "ESP-Test" or "Bilder-Test" or "Karten-Test") and you see it: http://www.gedankenmagier.de/kontakt.html Smile

Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1160 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I really want to like this. After a week of playing with it trying to figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (usually works fine when I'm testing it with my own laptop) I performed it for the group at the magic shop. Like every other time I actually performed it, I did not receive any signals at all for the first couple times and when the started coming thru they were garbled and didn't correspond to anything. I am using the simple ESP test with only five vibration codes. In frustration I pulled it out of my pocket and coud see the app was on the correct symbol but was still sending the wrong codes. Greg - finally ready to take you up on your offer to call you. If you PM me I will call you tomorrow.

John Taylor (a.k.a going back to the center tear)
Lakewood, Ohio
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi John,

You're welcome to call me tomorrow.

I'm very confident that I will make teleFoto work perfectly for you.

We are currently looking at the Android code to see if there's anything that might be causing this.

cheers,
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2747 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

It seems like every day I have a little surprise for you and today is no exception . . .

I have purchased the domain names of:
333pic.com
333pics.com

If you want to REALLY hide the tele-foto url here's how you use my new address.

Tell your spectator to go to:

333pic.com/?id=x-y

Where x-y is your album's identifier.

For example, my Vegas album is:
333pic.com/?id=2-1

Let me know what you think of that.
Greg
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 00:00, j100taylor wrote:
I am using the simple ESP test with only five vibration codes. In frustration I pulled it out of my pocket and coud see the app was on the correct symbol but was still sending the wrong codes.

Seems I'm not the only one after all...

Frank

I'm Dutch.
Er1tro
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
124 Posts

Profile of Er1tro
Hello Greg,

love the 333pics url! It's a lot better than the ''tele-foto'' one.

P.s. I'm using it with a ''para'' shortener

Thank you!
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
The html-file works great!!

I do have an other question.

Sometimes I think I ended and exited. But to change something to my site I went to have a look, and my phone reacted. The app was still running ??
How do I make SURE en CHECK the app is running or not? Because when it is running (without me noing it), what happens when I try to start the app. Does it still react properly?? or does that mean the app is running twice?

Allthough I can do everything to my phone, go to my mail and all, that does not mean the app is stopped. And if it is not, how can I make it to stop?

I'm Dutch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL