The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Show Cues or Ultimate Control (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
Oliver,

It's a software fade with OneTrack. You push Next Track button in the IJet remote, it fades the music and cues the next track. It also fades when you press the Pause button but it does not cue to the next track, only pauses on the same track.

App also has individual track volumes, delay start. Drag drop playlists, custom playlist and other features.

When you drag music into ITunes to upload into the iPad/iPod it converts the music to a format playable on the device. It also rips audio from CDs.

Now about your mixer, I have no idea what model you have so I couldn't tell you what connector to get.

G
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Oliver,

As requested I emailed you the Show Cues manual so you can see all its features. You also have my email address if you have any questions.

Aloha,
Carl
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Michael, thank you for your straight answer to my question, the video links and the PM.

Thank you gothike for answering my question straight ahead.

Carl, thank you for the information and your mail. Do you have a link for the specific remote control you're talking about ?

Thank you again for all your help. See you once I've read and watched everything.

Oliver.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
My pleasure Oliver, the link for the Show Cues remote is http://www.conjuringcabinet.com

Carl
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22771 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have what sounds like a dumb question, but I don't know and all my reading the ads don't say anything.

Do these devices like the iPod Touch need monthly service fees to operate. Or if they do, can they operate without being connected to the Internet. I ask, because I do not want to sign up for any yearly contract deals, or have monthly payments for service.

Thanks for all you guys great knowledge.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hey Bill, great question. It's exactly what I need to know, too. Because aside from my Ultimate Control mp3 player (w/remote control) and my iJet remote controller for my iPod Nano, I am completely gadget-free. (i.e. I have no iPhone or Ipad or "iTouch").

So guys, just to reiterate Bill's question, if you use these devices for controlling your music, do you need a plan or contract from the phone company?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
That's a great question Bill ! Thank you for posting it.

Me too, I'm curious to know if you have to pay just once to get and use these applications whenever and for how long ever you like to, or if you need to pay a monthly fee or everytime you use it.

Do these applications work independently from the internet or do you need to be connected to the internet to programm the playlists and to use it for every show ?

And what about when the application is going to have an updated version, do you need to pay something aswell to get the newest version ?

Oh my dear, all thoses questions... lol

Thank you again,

Oliver.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
You don't have to sign up for any services to use these music apps with any of the iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone.) You use iTunes on your computer to work with the apps (iTunes is free.) The only reason to sign up with a cellular phone company is if you want to use an iPhone and do want it to work as a phone or you buy an iPad that has cellular capability (to connect to the Internet.)

The iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad all have built-in wifi.

So far, I haven't had any app charge for upgrades but it's possible when they go from one version to another, they might. For instance, OneTrack is on version 3.2. There was no charge to update for version 3.1 to 3.2. It's possible there might be a charge when it goes to version 4. You would have to check with the developer to find out if there will paid updates in the future. I'm sure Carl will let you know how it works with Show Cues.

You do not have to be connected to the Internet to program the playlists or use the music apps for your show. In fact, I don't even turn on my iPod's wifi on. (Leaving the wifi on will cause the battery to drain faster.) When there's an update to an app, I connect it to my Mac and sync it to iTunes. The upgrades will then be applied (if I've downloaded them to my computer through iTunes.)

I hope that helps.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
OneTrack is a flat fee and one time only price of $5.00. It's also the first App of its kind in the Apple AppStore, other apps are "knock offs".

The exception to the knock off is the app PlayMyQ which I asked them to add one feature to work for our purposes.

The Ijet remote should cost you less than $30.00.

The hardware, IPad, IPhone, Itouch is also a flat fee. All the units work on Wifi internet but some have the optional fee of 3G (wireless internet) if wanted. 3G is not necessary. Separate and different signals.

The hardware above have a bottom connector (30 pin connector) to USB to sync and upload songs via the software ITunes. Be careful and verify that your hardware has a 30 pin connector and not the new lighting connector (iPad 3, iPad mini, iPhone 5g and newer devices that Apple will release). Currently the Ijet remote only works with the 30 pin connector as of this post date.

Oliver, My advice as stated above, buy a IPad (first gen), the Ijet remote from buyijet.com and the OneTrack App to control the music. Then go to YouTube and watch tutorials on ITunes and syncing music.

Arthur, which Nano do you own? Does it have the ios6 and the AppStore or is it a classic Nano?

G
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
And what Michael Messing shared...
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
All updates for Show Cues are free and we are constantly updating with over 117 improvements or features added in the first year already.

Also there are over 1600 music player apps in the App store and thousands of almost every kind of App. They are not "knock offs", it is an open market. One Track was not the first music player as Apple created the first and bundled it with your device. The "knock off" statement is just mis-informed, its like say Ford made the first automobile and all others are "knock offs", silly statement, its an open market place.

Carl
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
The first music player was a wax cylinder by Edison.

Now a music player for certain task, application and certain look and features is a different story. OneTrack was created and available on the AppStore first. Not sure how your partner Shawn Pops came up with the idea, per your user manual.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22771 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thanks very much to the experts, I asked because I had a cell phone and it would not turn on for use unless it connected to the wireless network. I did not want to invest $200 and then find out, I needed to sign a contact for a yearly connection for additional $200 a year.

It has been very informative to help the members that want to add the very important feature of a magic show with music.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Dang! Just checked the iPad refurbished listing and there is no 1st Gen being offered. Also iPads start at double the price of refurbed iPod models.

I desire to keep as simple a possible to reduce the learning curve on these devices.

Also does the statement of iOS 4, mean that it is compatible with iOS 5 and iOS 6, and any future iOS upgrades? Or is it best to only buy a iOS 4 model?

I hope I am not getting iOS 4 and next Gen 4 mixed up.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22771 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Can One Track, Show Cues, and Ultimate Control all be downloaded to an iPod Touch so any of the 3 apps can be used at any one time?

It would be good test which works best for each situation.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Bill, Show Cues can be downloaded to an iPod Touch running iOS 6 or higher. I believe you will need an iPod Touch 4th Generation or higher to run iOS 6.

Carl
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Creating first is not an issue and when I first wrote Show Cues, I had never heard of One Track. Customers don't want the first, they want the best!
McDonalds was the first big fast food hamburger chain, I prefer Wendy's. I see no point it who was first. Its an open market and there were a lot of Apps first in their category on the App store that were surpassed by someone making a better App. I can tell you that Show Cues is the top grossing music player and the only one of its kind in the top charts of the music category. I can also say, from my customer list and testimonials, that most top working pro's in magic use Show Cues, there is a reason for that!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Bill,

You are confusing the iOS versions with the iPod generations. The 4th Gen. iPod Touch will run iOS 6 which is the operating system needed for Show Cues. OneTrack will run on iOS 5 and iOS 6. What that means to you is that you'll want to purchase a 4th Gen. iPod Touch or newer.

Carl,

I know you've been pushed on the issue of OneTrack being first but that's really irrelevant. I know you are very proud of Show Cues (rightfully so) but let's keep things in perspective. Show Cues cost 14 times as much as OneTrack. If the same number of people bought OneTrack and Show Cues, the gross sales would be much, much higher for Show Cues. It's much more relevant to point out how many have purchased Show Cues and are happy with it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22771 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Michael Messing, thank you very much, I now understand, and it is about time I take the dive. I have put this off way to long.

All you guys are tops and this is the best help given.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
You are correct Michael, being first is irrelevant. People are willing to pay more for Show Cues because it is worth it! All the 5 star reviews and many testimonials suggest lots of happy customers.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
What makes ShowCues so much better in your opinion. You can say it is better all you want but unless you explain what makes it better, I can not take your word for it or just because pros use it. Pros like to spend money on new things. So side by side, what is the pros and cons on both?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Show Cues or Ultimate Control (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL