The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic scene in Chicago? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
I'm going to be traveling to Chicago at the end of the month for a long weekend. I definitely plan on stopping by Magic Inc, but I was wondering what (if any) other "magic sights" there were to see. Notable shops, performance venues, etc. Also, is there any street performing in or around Chicago?

Thanks for your feedback.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
782 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Magci Inc is a good place to start and they'll be able to lead you onto other magical events happening around the city. Make sure you get to Midwest Magic for a look around also. One of the suburbs best shop and you never know who you'll run into there. It's a great hangout on Saturdays. I've heard many professionals say it's one of the best shops in the US.
Pedro Nieves
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
43 Posts

Profile of Pedro Nieves
Magic Inc had a Chad Long lecture tonight and it was fantastic. There were quite a few local pros in the room as well (Dannny Orleans, David Kovac, Jim Maddex, John Sturk, Kex Lang, just to name a few!)

If you are looking for shows to watch, Friday night you can watch the Magic Parlor with Dennis Watkins, Supernatural Chicago with Neil Tobin, Sean Masterson's show may have been extended again and coming through town until Sunday night is Christian Cagigal with his new show Obscura. The teather were Cagigal will be performing has an interesting new approach where you pay after you see the show, and there is no price set. If you are broke, you don't need to pay. If you think the show was worth $100 and can afford it, then you can pay that.

Either way, we hope to see you at Magic Inc. and introduce you to some of the local magicians.
Cheers,
Pedro Nieves
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic scene in Chicago? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL