The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Found a great collection of trick coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
I just bought a large collection of used trick and magic coins.
unfortunately the box is messed up and there is not much system in the box.
Many of the coins I can identify.
but will probably need some assistance with finding out what a few of them are.

but in the meantime here are a few pics of my purchases.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
Here is a picture of the box and the coins Smile

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Wow, that's awesome. I'd love to see larger/more pics.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1583 Posts

Profile of Ihop
It looks like you hit the jackpot.
Ihor
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very nice collection.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Very cool!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile


"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
Yes it feels like hitting the jackpot.
and I will post more pictures tomorow!

After having spent a couple of hours to sort the coins
I have found 50. trick coins, 24. 1964 kennedy half dollars, some mixed colored half dollars (gold and copper) some brass parts I do not quite know what is.
everything that is in front tea box is not sorted yet. so there can be some more great stuff there...

not bad for $ 350

Tomorrow I'll try to take a few pictures of the things I do not know what is and hope you can help me find out what it is.

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6027 Posts

Profile of motown
That quite a haul.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Henrik,

Some will probably need to examined more closely. If there is a magic shop nearby you may want to speak with the owner or perhaps some of the local magicians who shop there and ask if they would be willing to help you to sort and identify the coins.

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4865 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea great!!! Smile I am sure you can do a lot of killer stuff with that!
David Neighbors



The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
Here is some of the coins I am not sure what is!

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
Some of the Scotch and soda

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
A set of locking coins that is really cool

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
And some Chinese coins and shells

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 06:18, HenrikHyldig wrote:
Here is some of the coins I am not sure what is!


The two coins in the bottom right, with the (I believe) 10 pfennig coins on top, if those two 10 cent coins are attached, then it looks like some variation on a Steve Dusheck trick (can't remember the name right now). If they are what I think they are, the larger coins should be hollow... and you should have another shell coin of some sort that fits over the 10 cent piece.

The Chinese coin with the paper insert is a Johnson Chinatown Half (or quarter... I can't see the other side) and it's designed to be used with a white window envelope.
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 08:34, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 06:18, HenrikHyldig wrote:
Here is some of the coins I am not sure what is!


The two coins in the bottom right, with the (I believe) 10 pfennig coins on top, if those two 10 cent coins are attached, then it looks like some variation on a Steve Dusheck trick (can't remember the name right now). If they are what I think they are, the larger coins should be hollow... and you should have another shell coin of some sort that fits over the 10 cent piece.

The Chinese coin with the paper insert is a Johnson Chinatown Half (or quarter... I can't see the other side) and it's designed to be used with a white window envelope.


that's right about the 10 pfennig, the coins are attached, but the larger coins are not hollow, but now I have a direction to look Smile Thank you Smile

The Johnson Chinatown half is not really a chinatown half, it looks a little like a wierd "Opium" coin, In the hole there is the back of a half dollar, and the back is milled out.

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 08:56, HenrikHyldig wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 08:34, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 06:18, HenrikHyldig wrote:
Here is some of the coins I am not sure what is!


The two coins in the bottom right, with the (I believe) 10 pfennig coins on top, if those two 10 cent coins are attached, then it looks like some variation on a Steve Dusheck trick (can't remember the name right now). If they are what I think they are, the larger coins should be hollow... and you should have another shell coin of some sort that fits over the 10 cent piece.

The Chinese coin with the paper insert is a Johnson Chinatown Half (or quarter... I can't see the other side) and it's designed to be used with a white window envelope.


that's right about the 10 pfennig, the coins are attached, but the larger coins are not hollow, but now I have a direction to look Smile Thank you Smile

The Johnson Chinatown half is not really a chinatown half, it looks a little like a wierd "Opium" coin, In the hole there is the back of a half dollar, and the back is milled out.


Then it looks something like a "Lethal Tender"

The Dusheck trick I reference above was Shell-a-bration... but now that you tell me the large coin is not hollowed out... I have no idea... that doesn't appear to be based on any product I've seen here in the states... and I've been buying magic for 40 years... doesn't mean I've seen everything... but darn close.
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
Thank you again Smile

I think the guy who owned this box before have made a few custom orders also. and also made some him self. This can be one of those cases, with the 10 pfenning coin.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
This set, I am very unsure about what is.
there are 4 coins 3 with red backing and 1 with white backing
the one with the white backing react to a magnet, but the others do not.

any ideas?

Click here to view attached image.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Looks like a great hoard! Seems to me you got quite a good deal Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Found a great collection of trick coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL