The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greg Holroyd NEWBIE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Holroyd
View Profile
New user
leeds
15 Posts

Profile of Greg Holroyd
Hi guys,
my name is Greg Holroyd, Im a 21 year old close up magician based in Leeds. I originally got into magic thought my fascination of cheating cards at the poker tables and black jack. Started off small cheating at family cards cards (you know bets of like 2p). but when I hit 16 I started hustling cards games at school. The I thought it would be clever to go to house games and cheat. Well long story short I got caught at age 19 and the realised it was a stupid and dangerous idea. Since then I cleaned my act up and just perform for entertainment. I think I used to cheat more for the buzz rather than the money (dont get me wrong the money was a perk). but I get that same buzz when performing for people which is awesome. Any I expanded from cards learning magic with coins, rings, business cards a variety of things. Any way I'm hear to meet new people, check out reviews for latest items on magic market ( Im a student I don't wanna pay for crap stuff or stuff I just ent gna use) and review products I've got. Any way appreciate anyway checking out my vids on youtube feedback is appreciated, as how are we to better our magic without it. Check out my facebook page Greg"The Deception" Holroyd.

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/GregTheDecieverHolroyd
We all live to be deceived
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Greg Holroyd,

Yea, the consequences of getting caught cheating are far worse than getting caught doing a card trick.

(Not to mention the karmic damage of cheating itself). LOL

Glad you saw the light.

-Mary Mowder
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Greg,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Greg Holroyd
View Profile
New user
leeds
15 Posts

Profile of Greg Holroyd
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've known about the Café for 2 years now but never had an accepted email account until now. Used this to help with reviews prior to purchases. Now to learn how to market myself and make new friends. Going to be awesome Smile
We all live to be deceived
jimmyjohn123
View Profile

Southern California
0 Posts

Profile of jimmyjohn123
Hi Greg & welcome (I'm new to this forum too).

I had a friend in college who tried that in Gardena, California. He got caught and was given 1 week to liquidate his business and get out of California....and never come back, or else they would kill him. This was in about 1977. I never heard from him again. I think he moved back home to Minnesota and changed his name.

Performing can be very exciting and fulfilling. Go for the entertainment value - make sure the folks that are watching you are having FUN! Showmanship and professionalism are so very important. Treat the performance of magic as the art it si, and respect the code of ethics (never repeat a trick twice, never reveal the secret to a non-magician, perform a routine instead of unrelated "tricks", etc). Become a true member of the fraternity - a loyal member.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greg Holroyd NEWBIE (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL