The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street magic for kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rabinak
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
35 Posts

Profile of Rabinak
What could you recommend me for event, which is blend of street magic and kids show? I have prepared some sponge ball routine, rope routine, rabbit - hat silk routine (Duane Laflin style), change of banknote trick, some simple and visual card trick, rubber band routine.

I don't know, how old the children will be, so I need something universal.

Thanks Vit Rabinak
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
Try some effects with a purse frame, coins, and a jumbo coin. Kids are fascinated when regular coins turn into a jumbo coin. Also, the Misers Dream is classic childrens magic that brings a smile to the adults as well.. Keep in mind that the best kids street magic is something that directly involves the kids.. in part because of their attention span. You don't have the time to 'set up' your act as you would normally.. you have to grab their attention in the beginning and keep 'em smiling.. JMHO
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
I don't really do a ton of kids stuff, but I always keep a paper tear in my pocket because kids love it, and adults also have no idea how it works--it's where you have two pieces of tissue paper that you tear up multiple times, crumple into a ball, and unravel into a cool/funny hat. They're pretty affordable too. Also, depending on how young they are, something with flash paper could be sweet. Kids have an unbelievable fascination with fire, to the point where it can enhance many tricks tenfold by including it. If they're young enough, I would use a break-away wand as well as a gag. It gets so many laughs when it's played up, and I remember when I was a kid, it was one of my favorite things that magicians did. Have fun!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Any rope trick is always good.
professors nightmare
cut and restore
linking ropes
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 01:07, neemdog wrote:
I don't really do a ton of kids stuff, but I always keep a paper tear in my pocket because kids love it, and adults also have no idea how it works--it's where you have two pieces of tissue paper that you tear up multiple times, crumple into a ball, and unravel into a cool/funny hat. They're pretty affordable too. Also, depending on how young they are, something with flash paper could be sweet. Kids have an unbelievable fascination with fire, to the point where it can enhance many tricks tenfold by including it. If they're young enough, I would use a break-away wand as well as a gag. It gets so many laughs when it's played up, and I remember when I was a kid, it was one of my favorite things that magicians did. Have fun!

That's the CECIL LYLE "HAT TRICK". Colorful, good comedy possibilities, carries in pocket, angle proof, involves audience, provides a gift to audience helper, no set up, no table, effect is visual, prop is visible and recognizable, spot adaptable, ETC.
It's cheap! (You can even make your own)

I ALWAYS have several in the prop case.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street magic for kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL