The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The carousel village at roger williams park (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
This is one of the places I'd been busking in. I'd been doing pretty good. Went there last week for the first time this year to discover that a new manager was in the area.
He wanted to talk to me about letting me perform there. I left him my name and number but haven't heard from him yet.
Another problem is that they've added an electric train that looks like a steam engine and rides around the park. It passes right through the three areas I'd worked in at different times in the park.
I managed to find a spot off to the left of the train route, but had to keep telling the audience to ''squeeze in.''

I just might start giving the park a miss this year and stick with Thayer Street.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Hi, Ed. Thanks for sharing what's going on for you. As I reckon you know, one of the things about busking - whether on the street itself, or at parks and other outdoor events, is weighing up the pros and cons of being at a particular location. It's a case of weighing up about the physical suitability of a site compared to the money in the hat. When both are not good, then there's little point in using the location, because there are usually better sites around.

I went to a "People in the Park" event at a city. The people who attended were very dispersed so that few came past my location, and even fewer stopped, and I got very little money. But more concerning to me was that even though I was well back from the stage, the music was far too loud and at times I couldn't hear, or be heard, by those who stopped by. All that adverse stuff has made me decide that I won't back to that event next year, and maybe not in the years ahead.

Unlike shop keepers in fixed locations, buskers have the freedom to change locations to suit the conditions.
Freedom, freedom, freedom!
The presentation makes the magic.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yeah, I'm thinking, as much as I like the pizza parlor on Thayer St. (The other place I go) They've added larger tables outside which means have maybe enough room for the 2 or 3 people to stop at a time. Can't get a crowd without blocking the rest of the sidewalk and you know what THAT means! I might try down the street outside the Brown Bookstore. It's a wider sidewalk. I'm gonna miss the kids in the window of the pizza parlor though.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The carousel village at roger williams park (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL