The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Farewell from Potty the Pirate » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 10:19, Mike Maturen wrote:
Destiny: To a point. Certain threads get deleted that are critical to certain dealer/manufacturers...also threads complaining about crappy sellers tend to be deleted.

With today's sue-happy populace, I can understand the hyper-sensitivity to critical threads...but saying what we think only goes SO far.

Hi,
I am glad you said above certain dealers as the moderators seem quite happy for critism of a dealer that does not advirtise or sponser the Café. Potty I am afraid leaving will make no difference to the Café . Its a bit like a dictatorship country where anyone who wants change or an opinion that is not what suits are stamped upon by the moderators . Better to stick with it post your posts and just accept that some will get deleted and distorted . Phil
Anton Bozovic
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Anton Bozovic
Liking to listen to chatterboxing, always interesting the point of view of different men. Only to hear one side of argument, makes for boring discussion.

In free country, chatterboxing always good. In dictatorship, always dangerous.

Not to make offense of dictator, he always must be given praisings. Attitude of dictator important to everyone, because of fear. Attitude of free man not important, because of fear.

So, always with dictator, life is of fear. Only to agree with dictator, only one side.

Life with dictator is boring.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I willing to bet he will be back. It is a great loss if he does stay away but this is still owen and its up to them what stays on here. So if he leaves because of it so be it.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Of course Potty will come back, he leaves every other month and this is the other.

Or I hope he does, I enjoy his posts.

Tom
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
It's always sad when someone who contributes leaves. That being said, this forum is privately run, and the owner can do whatever he wants. Sometimes posts are deleted for political/financial reasons (and other such motives), but I think most of the time, the moderators are just trying to do their job and keep things running smooth.

Kevin
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 09:26, TomBoleware wrote:
I just wish they would start feeding us.
It's tough staying on here all day without a bite to eat.

Tom

:)

Have a donut and a cup of coffee on me Smile Smile Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Potty!! Don't leave. Love your posts and honest feedback.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Potty, if you drop by to reflect, your sad farewell put me in my mind of this lovely ode sung on the retirement of Australia's most loved children's entertainer of the 1970's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9ma5oHVbE
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Like ChrisG said, this is a place with rules that we agreed to. This is Steve Brook's place, and we are no more free to do anything we want than we are in someone else's house.

And among all the other considerations mentioned, there is the simple fact that the mods have to separate any feelings about the topic or individual and look at the effects on the entire overall community.

I once mentioned the name of a certain person in a post and soon got a pm from a mod that the thread had to be deleted. I didn't really understand why at the time. Later I read posts by this person on other forums very despising of the Café in general and Steve specifically. I also saw him on a video of a lecture at a national conference taking shots at Steve. At that point I had to concur - I wouldn't want such a man loose in my Café either. I really don't care what magical experience he has to offer: he brings his poison tongue with him.

Potty, sorry to see you go. But honestly - haven't you let your words get a bit loose from time to time too? And said some things that could have been considered over the line? Yet you're still allowed. Isn't it possible that there's more to the story than you know?

Ed
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Potty, "You can't leave!, all of the plants will die!"

but seriously don't leave. Smile
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
What a pathetic plea for attention. Why didn't you just keep quiet and go away? Is having your "final say" that important to you? This isn't your message board. The owner and his representatives have every right to do what they want with it.

If I was the owner, I'd delete this while thread and be done with it. Ban Potty and then all this crap goes away. Yes, Potty did contribute some useful stuff. But he's also one of a handfull that attacks anyone who doesn't agree with whatever he says. He doesn't discuss. He demands complete compliance with his every word; much like the two from the east coast of the USA. Remember the thread where one of them (also a sometimes valueable contributor) posted his new website? He asked for opinions but when several people told him of display problems on their computers he told them all they had lousy machines, were way behind the times, and he said that any of his posssible potential clients who had computers that couldn't display his site exactly like his does were basically worthless pieces of zitz and he wouldn't work for them if they begged him.

Yep, magicians helping magicians.

So Mr. Pirate, good riddance. And for everyone else who demands that he return: Start your own message board and get him on there.

Bazinga!
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 21:40, Scott O. wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 09:26, TomBoleware wrote:
I just wish they would start feeding us.
It's tough staying on here all day without a bite to eat.

Tom

Have a donut and a cup of coffee on me Smile Smile Smile

Thanks Scott, but it sit here all night and now it's cold.

You people can't do nothing right around here.

Tom
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
White Rodent,

I said PTP has contributed good posts here. But he also is one the quickest to attack anyone who doesn't agree with how he things must be done. Just like the other example I gave. I mentioned no other names, but ones who have been here long enough, or have at least read here long enough might know who I meant. I really don't care.

THE POINT IS: If a person is fed up with arguing and so forth, why make a big stink about leaving - AGAIN - just stop posting for a while. If you read the other comments on this thread you'll see that he has done this before; more than once.

I have NO connection to PTP whatsoever other than the comments I already made. And it all comes down to the pointless announcement of "I'm angry again so I'm leaving forever again until I come back again." I really don't care what he does, what you say in this thread (except I think it was bad form to attack someone else for their religious views.) I just thought I jump into this ridiculous dog fight for gits and shiggles. I guess that means I AM trolling. Smile

Bazinga!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Farewell from Potty the Pirate » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL