The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Photos worth seeing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Want one of THESE

Do not wanna go in THERE, nope, not me!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Cool!!!!

Like the merigoround. Found out a couple of years ago that my dad did his apprenteship a Orton and Spooner in Burton On Trent . http://fairground-heritage.org.uk/learni......spooner/

Funny how you don't realise your parents are cool (well have a cool background) until you are well past your teens!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Orton and Spooner" ... I'm glad I followed your link, I was vainly trying to figure out the meaning thinking that it was Cockney rhyming slang. "The Bobbies nabbed 'im right in the middle of lunch; 'e was always goin' for a nice bucket of Kentucky Fried Orton-and-spooner 'e was."

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
It should have read at rather than a ..... Not sure if that would have made it clearer. Unless you have heard of them you're not likely to know of them.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Very nostalgic potos, more please.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Actually, Dave Matkin, the page you linked to made me think (a few months back) that Orton and Spooner had made the mysterious Norman's Ghost showfront that I asked about HERE

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
[quote]On 2013-05-25 16:29, rossmacrae wrote:
Actually, Dave Matkin, the page you linked to made me think (a few months back) that Orton and Spooner had made the mysterious Norman's Ghost showfront that I asked about HERE
[/quote Could be.

http://www.sideshowworld.com/81-SSPAlbum......ost.html
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I REALLY want that Scardy Cat facade. I swear I'd screw it to the front of my house! Ha!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 00:18, rossmacrae wrote:
Want one of THESE

Do not wanna go in THERE, nope, not me!

The late Ralph Fountain had a truck with a (hand operated) "MGR" on it. The operator had to turn it by hand! If they didn't want to book his magic show, he would sell the client his MGR. Ralph's wife would operate it!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
We did quite well " giving" a magic show away.....If the festival didn't have any money available they were quite willing to let us set up our cotton candy stand in exchange for the FREE show.....Have a friend still doing this with his puppet show....must still work , he's been doing it for 12 years...
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 23:06, Michael Baker wrote:
I REALLY want that Scardy Cat facade. I swear I'd screw it to the front of my house! Ha!!
It'od look good on one of Paul Osborne's little portable stage sets.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Or the fairy *hore house on TB S4

Click here to view attached image.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I had a pseudo-medieval Hell's Mouth stage once, at a Renn Fair. It was wonderful!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Photos worth seeing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL