The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Drunk driver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

youngdanf
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of youngdanf
On the 15th of Nov. I was on my way to the airport with my 2 little boys to pick up my wife and baby daughter. I was on the on ramp of the freeway when a drunk driver came over from the off ramp (about 10-20' to the left) and hit us head on. We were in a small car and he was in a full size pickup. It knocked us back where we were quickly rear-ended by the car behind us.

Me and my 3 1/2 year old son were released from the hospital that night with relatively minor injuries, but my 2 year old son was put in the pediatric intensive care unit. Fortunatly, he came home a few days later with about 70-100 stitches. We are all doing well now though.

I just wanted to post this, especially with the holiday season close, that if you decide to drink, PLEASE DON'T DRIVE. You may not get hurt (the driver who hit us wasn't) but that doesn't mean the car you might hit is full of invisible people as well.

The accident was so pointless. It shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have to relive in my mind the accident over and over again. My older son surely didn't need to see his brother with 3"x5" gash on his forehead, exposing his skull.

Sorry I was a little gory, but I just wanted to get the point across, please, please, please, don't drink and drive.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Dan,

What a terrible accident! Thankfully all of you survived, although how unfortunate for your two year old. Poor little guy (referring to your 2 year old) and of course seeing it happen to his brother for your other son. Very disturbing indeed!

I hope everyone follows your words of wisdom Dan and wish you and your family recover from this accident. Thanks for posting this much needed message and you're all in my thoughts.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
This is why I hate drunk drivers. They go out and don't care about anyone. They cause an accident and 98% of the time they walk away alright.

Chris
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24252 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Dan, my heart goes out to you. I lost a nephew in a drunk driving accident several years ago. The drunken b**** who killed him had been convicted of drunk driving more than once. This time, she got 20 years. It still wasn't long enough.

Your words of warning are well-placed and well thought out.

PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Can't express how happy to hear the three of you survived and are together. Looks like this year you get each other for Christmas - not a bad deal baby!

Happy Holidays to you all.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
I'm sorry to hear what happened, but it's a good thing you are all OK.

I hope you had a happy holiday season and a happy New Year.

Bill, that's awful that she only got 20 years for causing the death of someone. That should be life in prison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Drunk driver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL