The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Telefoto ideas (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Hi Jan, is that the link to the private discussion area. How does it work? Thanks ... M.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1327 Posts

Profile of rowland
For anybody new to telefoto I would recommend this
http://www.miraclemindfx.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3852 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Good book! Also as you find some of my ideas there... Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3852 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, MRAC wrote:
Hi Jan, is that the link to the private discussion area. How does it work? Thanks ... M.

Just register for the board and drop Greg a line. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Thx ! I just sent Greg a PM.
Long Island,

New York
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Hi Jan, thanks a lot for the info. All the best ... M.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Using Telephoto with The Lynx Wallet. Do a little personality card reading then show them their thought of card was the only card you had in your wallet. Fun.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
How do you change the urls????????
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
206 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
Hi,
I started using telefoto with pleasure and success on easy things. I plan now to make more choices available and planned to use a ND-array approach. For example a generalized Zener card ESP with

5 symbol, 6 background colors and 6 line colors would lead to 150 images easily differentiated by a code with 3 pieces of info (each 3 bits). If some of the images are repeated than the choice seems virtually random to the spectator.

Similarly I can think about photos of my holidays, which I obviously remember well, classified in several categories

a) 5 continents
b) sea, desert, mountain, city, woods
c) nature, people, animals, buildings

yielding again a huge number of images easy to identify.

My problem is the time needed to upload images and create the codes. Would it be possible to prepare an upload version with a single zip file containing all necessary information, including the codes ? In particular the first case could be generated automatically with a small computer program, changing colors in a png file and generating the associated codes.

Thanks in advance
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2714 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi jmbulg,

I'm afraid there's no way of uploading a zip file that contains your images and vibration codes.

sorry,
Greg
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, rowland wrote:

That was one of the best investment I've ever done.

Anyway, do they update it? I bought it like years ago, or at least almost two years ago.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
206 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi jmbulg,

I'm afraid there's no way of uploading a zip file that contains your images and vibration codes.

sorry,
Greg

Ok, no problem; for the moment I generate the images with the code in the filename. In this way, when I upload I just have to make a cut and paste from the filename into the code field (avoids any errors and allows for adding images later).

If someone is interested in the Colored Zener set (150 images with easy codes), let me know via PM.

Best regards

Jean-Marie
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
206 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
Another rough outline for a new use (unless I missed it in the previous messages):

Prepare a set of images including instructions on how to work with cards (typically triggering a self working trick) each with a different outcome. Once an image chosen, the spectator needs to stay on the image to read and understant instructions long enough ;-) . If each instruction leaves sufficient room for
misdirections (in the sense that it is not obvious the the outcome is known from the start), then you can predict the outcome and still show them, if necessary, that, should they have chosen another instruction set, the outcome would have be different.

If someone has nice ideas of putting a series of self running (not too complicated) instructions together, I would appreciate suggestions.

Best regards
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
206 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
Internet profiling for dummies (inspired by Pit Hartling’s Datenschutz)

Explain how a few innocent looking pieces of information on a person can lead to a full profile with impressive predicting capabilities and how it is exploited by commercial firms like Google or Amazon.
To show the method, send a spectator with smartphone to a web page where he finds a series of images. Ask him to browse across the album and select the image which appeals best to him and keep it in view as it will be used later.
Then start asking personal question with some answers giving simple numbers, other answers allowing to mumble that this makes them part of category x, the living place places them in category z etc. During questioning you write things on a paper. You can mix very personal embarrassing questions into your set if you like so. At the end, say you now have a full profile and show what it looks like. It is a magical square with numbers. Now reveal that the image they are looking at contains a number printed on it and ask them if he sees it on your table. The answer will be no. Ask him to tell the number. Then show that when summing up the numbers of the first line of the table, you get his number. Spectators will suspect that you can produce any number from the matrix so continue by revealing that also the next lines sum up to their number, similarly the columns etc. Conclude by saying the more patterns you find with the number in, the stronger the profiling was and that in the spectator’s case he definitively should never provide any information on the web as he is really easy to profile and everyone can guess his tastes (here for photos).

Procedure should be easy to guess for readers of the current Magic Café topic ;-)
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2714 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Wow...

Super Cool jmbulg !!

Greg
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1268 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:

Thanks rowland! It is so nice to read that people like the secrets of my little baby Smile
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2015, Failed Magician wrote:
Quote:

That was one of the best investment I've ever done.

Anyway, do they update it? I bought it like years ago, or at least almost two years ago.

Thank you "Failed Magician"! I have done only one update the moment Greg implemented long and short vibrations, but that was in the very beginning and updates where immediately send out to all people that had already bought the teleFoto eXtreme e-book. After that every new buyer received the latest version. Maybe, VERY VERY maybe there will be a little surprise with some new ideas... If this happens it will be free and send to all buyers of the teleFoto eXtreme e-book automatically.

BTW aren't you the one that got A BRAIN ORGASM when you started reading the teleFoto eXtreme e-book? Haha I will never ever forget your comment! I never had a better complement for my e-book and I can't count the number of times that this comment made me smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

THANKS!
John
jossien2000
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jossien2000
I need some help Smile

When I try to open the website, para.ms/fo/xxxx-x I only get "404 NOT FOUND". It worked perfectly the first couple months.

Anyone know why ? I try to delete the app, and reinstall it, but same same.

Hope someone can help me.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Hello Jossien2000,

I have received that question many times the past few months. Many write me to ask technical questions about the teleFoto app or URL because I wrote the teleFoto eXtreme e-book. Naturally I do my best to answer all questions but I'm not in control of what happens with the app technically or the URL.

It seems that para.ms stopped working, this is not Greg's fault, the provider just stopped. Jan 17 Greg wrote this in this topic and it seems to solve all problems Smile :

Quote:
On Jan 17, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
Dear friends,

We just added a new even SHORTER URL to teleFoto.
Smile

Instead of using:
para.ms/fo/x-y
333pics.com/?id=x-y

You can now use:
22p.co/x-y

For example the URL for my Vegas album is:
22p.co/2-1

We will be updating both the iOS and Android versions of teleFoto shortly to have this new URL as the default.

Aaaaand ... there will be just one more thing ..... Hmmmm?! I wonder what it could be?

enjoy,
Greg Rostami

Hope this helps!

Best,
John Smile
jossien2000
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jossien2000
Thanks John.

That helped Smile Now its working again Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Telefoto ideas (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL