The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Daemon, Demon Dirt. . P. . .something? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Hello,
First, I'd like to know the proper chemical name for Demon Dirt. I bought a big bag from a Fish product distributor. . . now I can't remember it's name. It starts with a "P" like palmagranite or something.

Second, has anyone had the problem where it just doesn't produce the spark/smoke in a timely fashion? I've tried a tiny bit of the product in tissue with a little touch of glycerine. . .I've tried a big bit in a lot of glycerine and every combination in between. I even bought a fresh bottle of glycerine. IF the tissue "pellet" explodes. . . .it's after several minutes of sitting there.

Is there "good" Demon dirt. . . or does it go bad after awhile?? How do I know what's good and what's bad?

Any suggestions would surely help. I used to do it quite a few years and had no trouble. Now I can't figure out which variable is giving me trouble. . .tissue, P. . . . . chemical, the glycerine or what.

Thank you,
Daniel
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Daniel,

P is for potassium permanganate.

The effect of Demon Dirt (if you perform magic) or Daemon Dirt (if you perform Magick) is, in my experience, iffy. Ask Carl Herron how "Pazuzu" became a verb.

Regards,

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
TAKE CARE!!!!! using this stuff, Very Toxic.

Ordering any Kind of chemicals in this day and age will put you on a Government watch list... In other words "Big Brother will be watching you"

This stuff is a Controled Chemical & VERY Dangerious, as a number of magicians & viriety performers have DIED! from it's use.

NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Michael Lee
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Such a small price to pay Smile

Actually I've not heard of magicians dying from PP. Bullet Catching, and even carloads of flash paper, yes, but from Potassium Permangenate...that would be a new one on me.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Daemon, Demon Dirt. . P. . .something? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL