The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Soon to be retired in Southern California :-) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gadir
View Profile
New user
Reseda, California
60 Posts

Profile of gadir
Hi everyone
My name is Gadi. I have taught Instrumental music for 34 years. July 1 I will retire Yeahhhhh!!!!

Some years ago I took a magic class at a Community College. I learned a couple of card tricks and auditioned for membership at the magic castle. I became a magician member for a couple of years, but life interfered and I let my membership lapse :-(. Now that I will be retired I want to be a student again, a student of magic Smile.. Now, I will have the necessary time to practice. Where to begin?? ON the web there is sooo much content. The trick will be to find quality content..

Here is an idea: Bartering for magic lessons Smile Magic lesson for a music lesson anyone? Smile

I am looking forward to participating on this forum. Although for a long time I know I will only be reading and asking questions

Gadi
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome gadir,

Sorry I don't live in Southern Ca.

I do know Musicians are great candidates to become good Magicians because they "get" practice.

Also, when people inevitably ask you if you are a Musician, (when they mean Magician) you can say yes either way.

-Mary Mowder
gadir
View Profile
New user
Reseda, California
60 Posts

Profile of gadir
LOL I think I am a long way from calling myself a magician... I just hope to be a good student Smile

I found a blog that was started by a member of this forum..... It is sort of like a book club, but for magic tricks

Gadi
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
894 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Welcome to the Café!
204rags
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of 204rags
Hello Gadi .......my suggestion if you are getting into magic would be to get a library established ........... you might purchase the Tarbell Course in magic, it has about 8 volumes and is a good starter or if you don't want to spend that much (about $100.00) you might search for The Mark Wilson course in magic .........
Good luck !!
gadir
View Profile
New user
Reseda, California
60 Posts

Profile of gadir
Yes, Thank you, I am doing that right now. I had the Mark Wilson book for a long time. I also bought the Card College Volume I. I am beginning slowly. The next thing I need to get is a close-up mat. Although, it would be great if I could find one that is already attached to a hard surface (not so permanent like a table, maybe just a board.) Thanks for the advice

Gadi
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Hi Gadi, we have much in common. I am retired after 34 years of teaching-- 3rd grade. You are at a special time, as you grow and learn remember the wonder you experience. That's what you're going to get to share.
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Gadir
Welcome the Café - I look forward to reading for contributions.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Gadi,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
jimmyjohn123
View Profile

Southern California
0 Posts

Profile of jimmyjohn123
Hi Gadi:

I too am retired. And I live in Torrance. And I need a piano/keyboard instructor. I too was a member of the Castle. You can pay a reinstatement fee and current yars dues and re-join, as long as they can find your records. I still had my old membership card & that was all they needed (I auditioned in 1975).

While not an active magician, I can give you some direction (but so can a lot of folks here that know more than I). The Royal Road to Card Magic and Harry Lorraine's Close Up Card Magic are two classics that are a must for your library.

If you're not too far from Torrance I will gladly pay you $$ for the keyboard lessons. I want to focus on worship music, which is almost entirely chords and chord progressions.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Soon to be retired in Southern California :-) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL