The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Confused Mentalists » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I recently suggested renaming the "Mentally Speaking" forum to something like "Mentalism Reviews."

I can't reply to my reply because the thread is now locked so I'll pick up here.

I'd say some of the people who post non-reviews may be confused. Others may be purposefully posting there because they feel it's a more effective way to hawk their wares to mentalists than doing so in other, more appropriate forums like "Latest and Greatest?"

I started a thread(now deleted) in "Penny For Your Thoughts" where people were weighing in on the issue. Opinions ranged from "I don't see a problem" to "I apologize for posting in the wrong forum" to "I'm going to keep posting non-reviews, so there."

I think changing the name will make it less easy for people to claim ignorance/confusion. I appreciate the Magic Café establishing the "Mentally Speaking" forum but I don't like clicking on what I assume to be a review only to find it's an advertisement that belongs on another part of the Café.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Maybe instead of changing the name, an added warning could be tacked onto the forum's description: "Non-review threads will be DELETED."
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
There is already a warning: Click Here!

I apologize if you didn't notice the sticky topic inside the forum.

Having said that, we do try and stay on top of things like this but with new members joining each day andcurrent members making an average of 500 new posts on a daily basis you can see that it is a never ending battle.

We can only try. 'Sigh'

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Confused Mentalists » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL