The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Going Against The Grain Of Churches. (How to avoid) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Will gladly do so. Been trying hard. I will now just ignore, and I mean no disrespect for ignoring further discussion that has nothing to do with the original topic

Thank you.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Ed---

DONE.

Thank you for reminding us of the civility with which we--as Christians--ought to conduct ourselves.

Blessings and peace to all.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6772 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I am gobsmacked...Mike, Ed...you really know your stuff! Man, I've had my Bible out and looked up everything said, and wow. It's amazing. Danny, I don't get the anger. Mike really revealed some stuff to me, I never noticed before. It's like a light went on! Thank you. You got me to open my Bible!

Ed...wow. I don't know what to say. Amazing insight! I've been a Christian since 1977. I was "Catholic" before that. A title, I didn't know what meant. Then it happened. I won't go into it here. It belongs in Science Fiction stories more than theology. So, I found out who Yeshua IS! Not WAS...IS! 'Nuff said. It's so simple...

The part of God who spoke to Adam became one of us! Showed us who God is, and how to treat each other! He said nothing else is as important! How we treat each other! The Ancient Ones say we are "The Insane Asylum Of The Universe". Gee, I wonder how they came to that conclusion? Ha haa!

Look at us. We can't even have an intelligent conversation without someone taking offense at something! And we all pretty much agree on the basic thing! Mike opened my eyes about relics. It answers questions...eh...best left for other times. Oh, also remember The Ark! Touch that, and ya DONE! Killed ya dead! Relic? Gee, I wonder where it is today. I wouldn't go NEAR it!

I'm not Catholic. I'm not Protestant. I'm not a LABEL! We humans hung that man up like an animal. Treated him with the worst indignity one could! Nauseates me, but it made a way for us to be with The Father again! God wanted us back, and They found a way! You bet He's alive! My gosh...I don't think the mind can conceive what They have planned! Doesn't matter. You already love God with all your heart! However, it is much harder to grasp the idea of your fellow man is YOU!

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Dougini,

It's very good to see you getting blessed!

Doug
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Yes, glad to hear that Dougini.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/......UwKdZCD2
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Dougini--

Praise be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit! It is terrific to see you so fired up, Brother!

May that fire keep on a burnin'!
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Long live good ol' Dougini! Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6772 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ahhh, gee. 'T'ain't nuthin', guys. I'm nobody. Thank'y though! Smile We gotta focus on how we treat each other, that's all. I figure, if I can put a smile on one person's face today, I've done my job! That was my motto as Radio Disc Jockey. Now, if every person on Earth did that...

How many smiles...? Woo...
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Smilin' Dougini...Smilin'!
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Smile
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 11:20, Ed_Millis wrote:
Mike, Danny, Vlad -- can we please stop derailing decent threads with doctrinal/historical debates? Whilst y'all are having a hash-out, we have two Dougs and a Payne who are getting that much more evidence for why they don't want anything to do with this. Does it really matter who started it or what was really said? Can someone please be Christain enough to stop and walk away from this thread, and if the discussion must continue to do it elsewhere so the OP can get back to his question?

Ed I have to totally agree - this is posted on an OPEN MAGIC forum, which anyone can read

I use my gift of illusion and puppets to bring people to Christ.

Continued arguments like these make that job much harder.

Mike - the FCM is deliberately non- doctrinal. We have a simple three-line declaration of faith. There is NO discussion of this when we meet, we are all Christians interesting in magic. And this also means that I am welcome in a wide variety of Churches around the World.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Apprentice:

I understand that the FCM OFFICIALLY has a simple statement of faith...and I agree with that (or would never have joined).

In practice, however, I see a much different thing.

99% of the folks I interact with truly show the love of Christ...and I appreciate that. It's that darned 1%, though........Smile
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

So take it up with them in private then, not on a public forum

all the non-Christian magicians see is Christians bickering among themselves - hardly a way of spreading the "Good News"

this is supposed to be a forum thread for new tricks/routines not doctrinal arguments
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
If you would take the time to read the original poster's question, it was PRECISELY about doctrinal differences.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
836 Posts

Profile of Russo
Hi mike - don't know why I'm bothering you except YOU seem to know what your talking about- did you get my last PM? - June 4 is my 76 Birthday and also getting a BONE SCAN for the Big C -mentioned in PM- Fri 7th should get ALL?? results- its nice to be able to talk to a CHRISTIAN when one can. In my last PM it was because seeing that Government is approving imorality-1.Abortion(killing)- 2.Promoting GAYs (marriage etc.) and NOW 3. approving Pill for Girls 12 years old not to get Pregnant. So I wanted to have something in my Gospel Program about GODs
GIFT of SEX for MARRIED (ONLY) Couples-Man and Woman,only. Ralph
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Ralph: I did get the PM. Sorry I haven't replied yet. I think there are probably a few effects that would do a great job illustrating the gift of sex in marriage. I'm glad you have now posted here publicly as well. Now will have lots of fertile (no pun intended) minds working on it.

It might be a good idea to start a new thread, though...which I will do for you, since I know your computer time is very limited.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Mike, its the 1% that proves we are not perfect and for that matter will never be.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-06-03 10:24, Mike Maturen wrote:
If you would take the time to read the original poster's question, it was PRECISELY about doctrinal differences.

which should not be on a public magic site
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Perhaps not, Apprentice...but it was. We were all simply responding to the question...and it devolved from there. We DO still (at least here in the US) have freedom of speech...at least for a while.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Why should it not be on a public magic site??
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Going Against The Grain Of Churches. (How to avoid) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL