The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Kicker endings for the Ambitious Card (please forgive me for asking this:)) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Vanished Zauberer
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Vanished Zauberer
You could back palm it and pull it out of your jacket pocket or pants pocket. Be creative!
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and you you realize you haven't even fallen asleep"

MagicTy
www.magicty.iwarp.com
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
How about this...

after your second to last move...

State that sometimes you end it right there, but, there is one more thing you've been working on...however, it is highly dangerous because, even YOU aren't sure how the card does it...

Insert the card into the deck however you like so that you can eventually mercury fold. Conduct the fold and set the deck down onto a table retaining the card in left hand finger palm. Ask the spectators to shuffle the cards. Then strike a commmanding pose and go through the motions of summoning the card to the top.

It won't happen. Try again. Sadly explain that you've just about given up with this trick since you performed it many times and always get the same result...losing the card.

Offer to show them the evidence of your past failures. Bring a card box full of signed folded cards from your jacket with your right hand and place it over the hidden card in your left hand. As you draw the cards from the box out to the table add on the secret card.

The eventual surprise is obvious.

I have never done this, but I'm thinking of it.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Lol...I really like some of these idea...good threaD1
~joeKing
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I think the pop up card will work just fine with layman. I get screams from just that one move!
Like the old saying, KISS. (Keep it simple stupid)
Nick Minnich
View Profile
New user
Indiana
13 Posts

Profile of Nick Minnich
Personally, I like bill Malones ending. You end up with only having one card left, the selection. RoatC (cameron) his idea is a good one also. That is a reason that I do not like to use this effect, I have never found a good enough ending for my liking.
Silvester
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Silvester
The pop up move is also a bit dangerous because the audience can easily see a shape of the double lift when you crimp the cards... or did I get the crimping action wrong?
chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
Yeh, I like the forcing deck idea, I've played around with that idea before, ive just never got around to buying one.
And yeh, I think the pop-up is a bit risky too, but maybe that's just because I've known how it's done for a long time now, and I just don't see the effect it has on ppl anymore.
But I deffo think the effect could be something that I'd perform for ppl as a single trick, as long as I find a good ending. I just don't think: "and look, now the card jumps to the top, but it has a crimp in it...." is such a good ending. it's not really much different that the other parts, and I personally believe that the end to an effect should not only be strong, but also suprising!! and putting the card into the middle and it coming to the top for the 7th time is NOT suprising!

I must say tho, that I like the idea of the double backed deck, I think this has a lot of possibilities too that I'll play around with.

thanks to everyone who's replied, I've got more replies than usual, especially than off other boards!

________
Ben
Silvester
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Silvester
Hm this double backed deck is a nice idea too...I gotta try this out.

The thing about the pop-up card is, that they really can see it when it goes up to the top again..

The trouser card, IMHO, is not a good ending for the ambitious routine because the card isn't ambitious anymore, it's just another trick...
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Risky? yes. but if you do it well with good timing it can also be foolproof.

Just be sure to drop the top stock to a lower angle, out of everyone's sight when you lay the "ambitious card" (indiferent) into the center.
after about 2.5 seconds, slap the top stock over that card, and then grip the corners.

And you know what do to next.

Then spring the cards the other way after you get done so the cards can be examined.

:)
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I think the Pop-Up Card is the perfect ending for an impromptu close-up situation, but it loses its visual aspect for larger crowds.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I like Bill Malone's, it's entertaining and it ends with the whole deck exept for the card vanishing. I also like the idea of having a one-way deck.
peng
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
87 Posts

Profile of peng
Very interest ideas. I haven't found an ending that I totally like. Currently, I let the spectator insert the card into middle. Show that it's not on top. And then use Shapeshifter to transform that indifferent card to the signed card.

David Le, I think the other gentleman said Snap Change wasn't suitable because the cards leave the deck. It deviates from the AC theme. Angle, is but the least concern.
Peng
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Quote:
I think the Pop-Up Card is the perfect ending for an impromptu close-up situation, but it loses its visual aspect for larger crowds.

Good point.

Maybe that "semi-transpo" effect where you cut up about a few cards from the top and separate it from the other half.

take the thicker half of the deck, and then show the card does not jump to that top of the deck. because "we all know" that this is the top of the bottom half of the deck.
turnover the real top card, and its there again.

anyway, I'm talking about that move found in Daryl's vid.

Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Check out Doc Easons Ambitious ending in his Bar Magic volume 1. - he's a misdirection genius!!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Marty_K
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Marty_K
Here is a vid of my ambitious card routine. http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=977 I take the three matches of the ambitious card and loose them also with the selected card, then produce them at the end from the top of the deck.

--Marty
chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
Can you describe doc eason's effect please? I don't have his bar magic videos.

________
Ben
Silvester
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Silvester
Yeah that would be great, or a demo clip...
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Bill Malone On The Loose 1 I think has and ACR which is actually very nice. I think and great ending would be the deck vanishing except for their card.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Erm, that sounds similar to 51 cards to pocket.

James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
In years of doing it, I honestly don't think you can beat the AC finally ending in the zipped compartment of your wallet.

(I use a Jerry O'Connell wallet)
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Kicker endings for the Ambitious Card (please forgive me for asking this:)) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.76 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL