The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Kicker endings for the Ambitious Card (please forgive me for asking this:)) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Fraser Gould
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
93 Posts

Profile of Fraser Gould
You can't beat the pop-up move for "non-gimmicky" goodness.

At the other end of the gimmick spectrum, Joshua Jay's idea of finding the card in the battery compartment of a TV remote control seems neat. Has anyone been using this?

My favorite endings are a card to wallet (Mullica Wallet) or a Kullandini (sp?) Rising, with the spectator's selection rising out of the deck in their own hands.
Fraser Gould
dramafiji
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of dramafiji
I agree with Jonathan's suggestion of the solid deck. I recently found it in Harris' AoA series and have started using it. The kicker ending plays really well to audiences. Also along the same lines are the Omni Deck and Tec Deck from dave forrest.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I usually end my Ambitious Card with a two phase Card to Mouth sequence. The first time it's hanging from my mouth. After that, I do the folded card to mouth under the guise of teaching them how it works. It flows because I tell them that, since they didn't catch it the last time, I'll make it jump even higher.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
TaylorM
View Profile
New user
Chicago
25 Posts

Profile of TaylorM
I still haven't really come up with an amibitious sequence that makes me happy. I always just use the pop up move to end it though.
crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
I don't like the pop up move as much as card to box. you can make a gimmicked card box with a mercury folded card inside and then false dump to reveal their "selected card".
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
I like to end with three impossible things, things that are different than what they saw previously in the routine. I always end with the pop-up move, then card to pocket, then a piece by piece torn and restored card.

Hope this helps,
F.D. Smile
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of jezza
I like it where the deck vanishes
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
715 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi,
I guess there are as many endings as there are magicians.... I have the spectator do the 'card to the middle jumps to the top' - using a top change ... low tech but it really freaks them out to see it work for them - they think they did all the moves. It's not hard to keep the spectator from looking at the card before putting it in the middle. (ask me how if you want)

D
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
How about Jon Allen's Destination Box? It's one of the strongest pieces of magic I own. I leave it on the table throughout the routine, some times I'll have them hold on to it. Always gets great reactions.

Joe
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
My favorite ending is similar to the Anniversary Waltz effect, with an "X" appearing on the back of the signed card, followed by a card to wallet effect. Once mastered, I would also like to include raise rise as another phase of the routine.
Daniel M. Carrico
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I know this causes a lot of controversy but I LOVE to end with Paperclipped by Jay Sankey....such a perfect closer.

Another AC routine that works really well is by Kostya Kimlat...check it on in his lecture books...it basically has the signed card turn red but in the most well routine effect I've seen for it.
~joeKing
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3211 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
This topic is continued at Ambitious Card ending.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Kicker endings for the Ambitious Card (please forgive me for asking this:)) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL