The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » China Bit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
baobow
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of baobow
Is this a common gaff?

Do the main mass production guys ala Johnson and Tango make these or are these considered custom gaffs that only Lassen, Schoolcraft and Kueppers?

Thanks Baobow
baobow
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of baobow
Hope I was sounding rude above with the abrupt question.

Was might to ask it as Hi All, Was wondering if you could help me with a quick question, was wondering if the china bit gaff ( similar to the one Tommy Wonder uses in socked coins) is a common standard gaff that Johnson and Tango make or are these considered custom gaffs that only Lassen, Schoolcraft and Kueppers?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4155 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Hi. I'm not sure if anyone is currently making it available.

Todd Lassen made some available a few months ago, but they're sold out, I think. I believe Eddie Gibson produced them, but this was (again, I believe, well in the past). Those are the only sources I have known of, personally. Might Google search Eddie Gibson and see what you find.

Just Googled, and this was one of the first hits:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Chines......son.html
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 03:21, baobow wrote:
Is this a common gaff?

Do the main mass production guys ala Johnson and Tango make these or are these considered custom gaffs that only Lassen, Schoolcraft and Kueppers?

Thanks Baobow

Yes... Johnson makes it... it's called "Silver/Copper/Brass" and they have been making it for 30 or more years.

http://www.johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop......ts_id=26
baobow
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of baobow
Al, unfortunately Silver/Copper/Brass is not the China Bit gimmick. I'm quite familiar with the workings of Silver/Copper/Brass, ( I have 3 sets) and it's not the same gimmick. Thanks for your input though. If you get a chance to watch Tommy Wonder's 3rd from L and L, he ultilises the china bit gimmick ( a variation of it to suit his presentation) to great effect in his socked coins routine.

Chessman, thanks alot, I have contacted Alakazham to confirm stock and availability. Thanks
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 12:00, baobow wrote:
Al, unfortunately Silver/Copper/Brass is not the China Bit gimmick. I'm quite familiar with the workings of Silver/Copper/Brass, ( I have 3 sets) and it's not the same gimmick. Thanks for your input though. If you get a chance to watch Tommy Wonder's 3rd from L and L, he ultilises the china bit gimmick ( a variation of it to suit his presentation) to great effect in his socked coins routine.

Chessman, thanks alot, I have contacted Alakazham to confirm stock and availability. Thanks

Sorry... the description appeared to be talking about the same set of coins. My mistake.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4865 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea the Chinese Bit, And the China bit are not the same thing! Smile The Chinese Bit is a C.S.B. Var.!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 16:02, David Neighbors wrote:
Yea the Chinese Bit, And the China bit are not the same thing! Smile The Chinese Bit is a C.S.B. Var.!

Ok... that explains it... I was going off the link that Cheeseman offered above... and I thought that sounded like a C/S/B... So what in Bobo's name is a "China Bit?"
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
David Regal's Translocations includes a China bit. It's an inexpensive alternative to the beautiful Lassen gaffs and you receive a pretty well made clad half dollar gaff and another very usable gaff thrown in for free.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 17:13, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:

Ok... that explains it... I was going off the link that Cheeseman offered above... and I thought that sounded like a C/S/B... So what in Bobo's name is a "China Bit?"

Hey Al,
Here is a video by Luis Piedrahita using a Todd Lassen Morgan China bit which I think truly shows off the possibilities of this gaff (I also love how Luis deals with Denzel Washington):

http://www.antena3.com/videos-online/pro......146.html

Regards,

Alan
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 17:38, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 17:13, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:

Hey Al,
Here is a video by Luis Piedrahita using a Todd Lassen Morgan China bit which I think truly shows off the possibilities of this gaff (I also love how Luis deals with Denzel Washington):

http://www.antena3.com/videos-online/pro......146.html

Regards,

Alan

Very Nice!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
baobow
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of baobow
Lassen refers them as china bits based on his blog:-

http://coolotis.wordpress.com/page/4/

Scroll down to near the middle

found this on his blog dated in feb 2013

http://coolotis.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/img_0492.jpg

25 China Bits ready to ship
Posted on February 15, 2013by coolotis
I have 14 sets of darkened brass, 10 sets of copper, and 1 more set of undarkened brass.
I have a big list of all the guys that wanted one of these, but I’m pretty sure I have enough for everyone. So…anyone that wants one just notify me of how you will be paying and I will put your name on a set.
These are going to be $380 this time around. I have I don’t know how many hours in screwing around with the darkening of the brass. This usually turns out to be massively time consuming trying to get them all matching, etc. And all these copper sets, the silvers are from those couple of super pristine uncirculated rolls that I paid top dollar for a while back.

Creates that extra level of deception in terms of transpositions
baobow
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of baobow
I am going to inquire about Regal's translocation set. For the price, looks great and versatile. Thanks BanzaiMagic for posting that.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 17:31, BanzaiMagic wrote:
David Regal's Translocations includes a China bit. It's an inexpensive alternative to the beautiful Lassen gaffs and you receive a pretty well made clad half dollar gaff and another very usable gaff thrown in for free.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

I just have one question... can I assume that part of this "Translocations" set of coins include a "China Bit" gaff? I'm looking for a "China Bit" Kennedy or Walker, David Neighbors brought one to the Roundtable this past Sat. and I fell in love with in.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4155 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Denzel's a grabber! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 15:22, Al Desmond wrote:

I just have one question... can I assume that part of this "Translocations" set of coins include a "China Bit" gaff? I'm looking for a "China Bit" Kennedy or Walker, David Neighbors brought one to the Roundtable this past Sat. and I fell in love with in.

Yes, but if you want a Walker China bit, you may want to call (or better yet drive over to see) Todd. I sold my Translocations set earlier this year after getting a Walker CB from him. He might still have some from his last run.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 16:34, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 15:22, Al Desmond wrote:

Yes, but if you want a Walker China bit, you may want to call (or better yet drive over to see) Todd. I sold my Translocations set earlier this year after getting a Walker CB from him. He might still have some from his last run.

No... it certainly doesn't have to be a Walker or another classic US coin (David Neighbors had a Barber "China Bit"... if I remember correctly)... a Kennedy would be fine for me... I just wanted to make sure that two of the coins in the Translocations set are really a standard "China Bit" pair.

Thanks for the info.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Based on your previous comments, Al, I presume it's not important to you but - just to be clear - none of the coins in the Translocations set are real silver.

BTW, your roundtable was fortunate to have David. I've been trying to talk my Ring into dragging David down here to South Florida so we can see some of those China Bit routines of his. Our guys are kinda cheap so I'm hoping the prospect of an excuse to be in 70 degree weather in January, February or March might tip the scales in our favor.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4865 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay man I am ready to Go !!!! Smile And there will be 2 china bit routines In the new Double DVD set When it comes out! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 22:08, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Based on your previous comments, Al, I presume it's not important to you but - just to be clear - none of the coins in the Translocations set are real silver.

BTW, your roundtable was fortunate to have David. I've been trying to talk my Ring into dragging David down here to South Florida so we can see some of those China Bit routines of his. Our guys are kinda cheap so I'm hoping the prospect of an excuse to be in 70 degree weather in January, February or March might tip the scales in our favor.

Got it... I spoke to David Regal... and he has a few left (won't be making anymore according to him)... and no... I'm not concerned with whether it's silver, more interested in the gaff itself, in any coin type, and since it appears so hard to find anyone making them, I'll be happy with the Kennedy clad one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » China Bit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL