The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Marketing Lecture at the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Hey Guys...

I'll be giving a 2 hour marketing lecture at the Magic Castle June 30th (3pm-5pm)...here is some info about the lecture: http://www.magiccastle.com/visiting/calendar.cfm?id=1183

Here are a few things I might talk about:
-How to increase fees
-What websites to use to find events
-How to find event planners
-What corporate clients are looking for
-How to use social media to get gigs
-How to hire VAs (even if you don't have a lot of money)
-How to build a website that gets you booked
-What to put in a demo
-and other "entrepreneur" skills like...being productive, how to stay focused, money management, etc

And I won't be creating any lecture notes.

I'll also be performing from June 28th-30th so you can also stop by and watch the show.
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Can't wait for the "regulars" to tell us what a bad idea this is. I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch the show...
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Great Job landing the Gigs
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Congrats.

I don't know what you know about the other topics in the lecture BUT from what I have read that you have written here about what to put into demo video it would seem that alone would be worth attending for. SO many biff that SO badly and it might be the largest thing contributing to not getting jobs. Seriously if I had to pick as the largest problem it would be this.

Good luck.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about VA's. Have fun, sounds like you have it all planned out.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 23:36, charliecheckers wrote:
Great Job landing the Gigs

P.S. You can buy a dry erase board (should you need one) from Staples, Office Max or Office Depot as they are all located in the area. LOL
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9769 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 23:28, G. Batson wrote:
Can't wait for the "regulars" to tell us what a bad idea this is. I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch the show...

Thanks for your contribution trying to stir things up.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I wasn't aware that they had lecturers at the magic castle.

Have fun
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I am going to try to make it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 09:31, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 23:28, G. Batson wrote:

Thanks for your contribution trying to stir things up.

Yea absolutely. Now is where Tom should be along to admit he was absolutely wrong about not congratulating Benji when he acts lime a human being.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22251 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 09:46, Al Angello wrote:
I wasn't aware that they had lecturers at the magic castle.

Have fun

Al they have lectures, special guests and even a youth group of next generation magicians. Usually on Sunday afternoons when the Castle is closed to the public. They have an extensive library for research by the members looking for ideas as well.

The Castle use to be a great place to get referrals from as well. Don't know if they still do that being Larson has passed, but they get calls from everyone looking for entertainment, cruise ships, television, working for the star's parties, etc.

It is more then just a bar, restaurant, and 3 theaters. Every time I had the privilege to visit, I had a wonderful time.

To get to perform or do anything at the Magic Castle, means you are a highly respected magician or mentalist in the Magic Arts.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It more means you are willing to work for the low money.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Awesome Curtis...great to have someone do a "review"! Congrats Benji - I hope it goes awesome.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am sure it will go well. Benji is a good performer.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
I want to point out too that I appreciate that Benji just came out and advertised his appearance directly. I didn't like the other approach.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 12:25, Dannydoyle wrote:
It more means you are willing to work for the low money.

I remember the word "free" being thrown around quite a but when I performed there. Albeit it was only for one night in the close up room, so not sure if it's still pro bono work.

Josh
Josh
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 13:52, Scott Burton wrote:
I want to point out too that I appreciate that Benji just came out and advertised his appearance directly. I didn't like the other approach.

I also prefer this approach. Working the Magic Castle is cool. Lots of history there within those walls. Good for him.

As I said I think it will go great.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2644 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
The rates just went up - performers receive $1400 for the week (close up performers get a little something extra if they do the Friday lunch shows as well.)
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Still pretty low.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Well let me tell you people one thing. LOL

Danny, I am indeed proud of you all. Thank you and everyone else, I really mean that. Thank You.

I'm also very proud of Benji. Seems like only yesterday that I was calling him my litte eagle. I knew one day he would soar.
It looks like that day has come. Well done Benji. Go get em and Congradualations on all your success.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Marketing Lecture at the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL