The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The little darlings Ľ Ľ The Super-Secret Episode - Christopher T. Magician Presents! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Hi all!

Christopher T. Magician here. Over the past year making my YouTube video series, Iíve had a great deal of people contacting me saying either 1.) I should charge for the videos or 2.) figure out a way to accept donations as a thank you for the series.

First itís an honor that so many of you have felt the videos that worthy. Second this video series was never intended to be a money-making venture, just a fun creative outlet. That being said, I have over the past year been writing a book in my free time. The book is of course about performing magic for children, and so far in my studies (and Iíve read everything I could get my hands on) Iíve never seen the ideas that are going to be in this book in print before. So Iím very excited about it!

Iím in the editing phase now, so itís about time to figure out how Iím going to pay the upcoming publishing costs, so now for the first time, Iím offering a special episode of Christopher T. Magician Presents! to those who donate to the project. Iíll happily and very appreciatively accept any and all donations, but those donations of $10 or over will get you this special video.

Here is a link to a quick YouTube promo video that will tell you all about what will be on this special episode:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L7LmmdqI8Y0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7LmmdqI8Y0

I worked really hard on this video to make sure that it will be absolutely worth the ten dollar donation. I truly believe you will get your moneyís worth. In fact, if youíre one of those who want to go above and beyond and donate more than $10, I really believe youíll still find itís worth far more than the money spent. I didnít want to set the minimum higher than ten dollars to keep it as economical as possible for everyone to see.

My initial plan was to use a Kickstarter type fundraising program, but Iíve instead gone with a simple Paypal system. Since many people are already Paypal members, sending a donation will require very little work for you. Also, I feel safe dealing with money through Paypal, so it seemed like the easiest, safest option.

Hereís how it works. Send a donation via Paypal to the email ChristopherTMagicianPresents@gmail.com. Paypal will notify me with the amount received and the email of the sender. Iíll respond (as quickly as possible Ö itís not electronically automated, itís me replying manually, so it may take a few hours) with the link to the videos on a random YouTube page.

As a bonus, this video is unlisted, which means it cannot be found in a YouTube search. It can only be found by typing (or copying) in the direct link. Because of that, I can provide methods for all the effects and routines I present, since no layman can stumble across the video in a random search.

Like Iíve said many times before, Iím so thrilled that the video series has been so well received. Iím really excited about this book project, and I like to believe it will be well received in the future as well. So thank you in advance to anyone who finds this video series has been worth a small donation.

Christopher T. Magician

P.S. - if any of you are reading this and have no idea what video series I'm talking about ... search YouTube for "Christopher T. Magician Presents," and you'll find seven episodes with ideas and routines for kid show audiences.
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Congratulations, Christopher, I'm sure it will be a great book. Just a heads-up--the promo vid doesn't seem to want to play. Might have a look at that.
Looking fwd to seeing it, and hearing more about your book (I hope you'll make an ebook available as that's what I prefer to buy, these days).
All the best!
Damian
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Thanks for the heads up Damian. I'll check into it when I get home. And I'll def let you know details about the book soon. E-book - that's an interesting idea
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Sent my donation. Took a few tries because I just copied and pasted Christopher's email address from the post. His email address is christophertmagicianpresents@gmail.com. At least I hope that's the right one. Lol
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Not sure what might have went wrong for you Danny. Maybe the period at the end got copied with it? Anyhoo, yes I just got an email notification from you. So thanks!!! I'll reply with all the info in about 15 minutes.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Christopher, I just sent you more money. The original 15 dollars I donated is not even close to the true value of the treasure chest of magical gold I got in return so far. And, I haven't even watched part 2 or the bonus material yet. The entertainment alone is worth more than the asking donation price. And, the wealth of info in part 1 is priceless!

I can't believe I have never heard of you, nor seen any of your YouTube video's before until now. You are one seriously funny guy, and your idea's for adapting tricks is pure genius. I am going to be using several of your idea's, and can't wait to watch part 2 and the bonus material.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2363 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
OK I'm in for a try and will post as soon as I reveiw it. And like Danny, I will send another pp to double my original,if it is that good.
I did send the min asked for, I did not want to sound like I sent a ton of cash.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2363 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
A quick review of the first video.
Let me start by saying the links came within an hour on a Saturday afternoon, I felt this was really fast.
The first video is filled with packs flat plays big effects that can be adapted to kids or adults, schools and libraries even corporate trade shows. Chris sparked my imagination, he got me thinking on one effect to make it pocket size for trade shows and I plan on making a larger size different images for kids shows, also with the trade show using the window envelope as described, I will make mine so I can hand the card to the spec to keep.
Chris is a fun, entertaining guy. He moves quickly but gives you time to absorb what he is sharing. But keep a pen and paper handy, you will be making notes. I did not find it filled with fluff as many DVDís have these days, I liked the style and format, and he gets right to the effect and method.
Having seen only one video, I did keep my word and send a second payment, knowing I did not have to.
Highly recommended.

Dave
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Wow! Thank you so much to Danny and Dave. First, for being willing to take a chance on the video. And second for the positive reviews. I felt very strongly making this video that the material was strong, and it's so reaffirming to get feedback like this. If you get a chance after part two, I'd love to hear your feedback on it as well. I honestly think the material on it is even better than part one (the first effect/routine I present is the one I just added to open my birthday party show and I've been using the force at the end for a few months now).

Getting this book published in the future will be a dream come true for me, but I just didn't have it in me to ask for donations without offering a worthwhile product in return. So glad to hear you feel like you got your money's worth!

Christopher

P.S. - I'm glad you both find this video somewhat entertaining. Unlike the previous YouTube videos, I focused less on the sketch-show aspect of it and really tried to get straight down to business, so I'm glad you're still finding it entertaining.
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Wow! Thank you so much to Danny and Dave. First, for being willing to take a chance on the video. And second for the positive reviews. I felt very strongly making this video that the material was strong, and it's so reaffirming to get feedback like this. If you get a chance after part two, I'd love to hear your feedback on it as well. I honestly think the material on it is even better than part one (the first effect/routine I present is the one I just added to open my birthday party show and I've been using the force at the end for a few months now).

Getting this book published in the future will be a dream come true for me, but I just didn't have it in me to ask for donations without offering a worthwhile product in return. So glad to hear you feel like you got your money's worth!

Christopher

P.S. - I'm glad you both find this video somewhat entertaining. Unlike the previous YouTube videos, I focused less on the sketch-show aspect of it and really tried to get straight down to business, so I'm glad you're still finding it entertaining.
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Doh!
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Meriden, CT
431 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Well, my donation is in. Even if the new video turns out to be a Rick Astley video, it'll be money well spent for all that came before it.

Christopher, how is the book going to be published? As an eBook? I don't know how it works, but if you can get it in to the Kindle Marketplace I would love that Smile

Thanks for all the videos, and I'm looking forward to the book!
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Made my donation today. I watched the video and all I can saw is GREAT JOB AGAIN.
I cant wait for the book to come out
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Thanks Joe! I'm glad you like it.

Matt, I'm kind of shocked. I've had quite a few people ask me if the book will be in eBook form. I never really considered the possibility, always planning for a real-life in-your-hand book.

Maybe I can throw a quick question out there and take a poll. How many of you prefer eBooks these days?
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Meriden, CT
431 Posts

Profile of TKD27
I much prefer an eBook. To be honest, I probably won't get it if it's not. Well... I might, because I'm really interested in the material, but it's more of an uphill purchase for me. As far as an eBook goes, I'll buy it as a PDF or, preferably, on the Kindle. I think self publishing on Amazon is really easy, but I could be wrong... I've never looked in to it.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2363 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I like a real in your hand book. You don't have battery issues or daylight issues, no crashes to the system, no on/off switch.
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
I prefer ebooks. I haven't actually bought a real book since getting my iPad 2 years ago.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Meriden, CT
431 Posts

Profile of TKD27
My thing is just that I'll never find time to sit down with a real book, and I can't throw it in my pocket like an iPhone. If I can't read it on my iPhone, I generally don't read it. I guess I'd make an exception for the right book, but I can't remember the last time I did...
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1884 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
EBook
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
598 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Excellent work Christopher. This project is the best $10 I've spent on actually seeing demos of some great magic routines and routine ideas for kids and family audiences. I like the fact that most everything was presented as adaptable for a variety of venues. It got my mind running like crazy and I couldn't sleep last night after just watching part 1.

Every Kid Show and Family Show entertainer/magician needs to make this investment. Just follow the links that Christopher gives earlier in this thread.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The little darlings Ľ Ľ The Super-Secret Episode - Christopher T. Magician Presents! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL