We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Chain wraps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Hello,

Are there any suggestions on the best way to have chains wrapped around your upper body that looks awesome and can still be wiggled out from as method of escape?
Books, video's or your personal experience would be great....

Cheers
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I have found in my wrist chain routine, that larger links, while indeed heavier, are almost impossible to chain tightly. The link size practically gives you the slack with little or no work on your part. Avoid plastic links for several reasons. They are light and easy to carry, but can cause problems.

It should go without saying, but no chains around your neck.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
The chain arrangement for Trudel's "Spiderweb" Escape is a good, all-around, upper-body-chaining arrangement.
I use it often.
It was included in the addendum to McLaury's Ency. of Escapes, sold by Wheeler in the 80s.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Thanks Cliff and Steve for your insight. Also, many thanks to those who pvt messaged me and emailed me your photos and concepts as well. Smile Lets keep the discuss and flow of ideas going for all! Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I always loved the discussion ...... But being a wimp at school couldn't get it very far. Couldn't spell it either come to that Smile

Lets be honest tough if 'your' keeping the stuff in PVT messages.... It's not really 'for all' .

Steve I'm off to look it up now.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Now, now David. Think those happy thoughts Smile

If someone has messaged in private, it should stay in private. I mean, the things we say about you, and those pictures! How did you get her to agree to that? I tell ya, THAT was a chain configuration for the history books ..... But I've said too much.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Thanks Cliff and Steve for your insight. Also, many thanks to those who pvt messaged me and emailed me your photos and concepts as well. Smile Lets keep the discuss and flow of ideas going for all! Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 02:58, Roslyn wrote:
How did you get her to agree to that?

Your missing some speech marks around the word "agree" AND the answer is Flunitrazepam!!!! Smile

I am joking of course........ I used a big fat bribe and the promise of great fame! She, like many others, was instantly willing to do stupid stuff and shout her mouth off about how good she is. She REALLY wants to be famous above all other things and doesn't mind how stupid she comes over!!!!!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Should we start a discussion?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Yes, Jay a productive discussion would be great on this message board for a change.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Never gonna happen...
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 09:34, magicofCurtis wrote:
Yes, Jay a productive discussion would be great on this message board for a change.

I thought you prefer to only use discussion here for destructive purposes. Glad to see you've changed your ways.

*mmm hmmm*
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 19:12, Steve_Mollett wrote:
The chain arrangement for Trudel's "Spiderweb" Escape is a good, all-around, upper-body-chaining arrangement.
I use it often.
It was included in the addendum to McLaury's Ency. of Escapes, sold by Wheeler in the 80s.

I was managing a phone room for Stan Kramien in Great Falls, Montana, when I learned that Prynce was in INTENSIVE CARE after a heart attack. When I closed up for the day, I grabbed a quick supper and headed for the hospital. We had never met, but I had bought stuff from him. He, of course, was "wired and tubed" with all sorts of monitors, but we were able to have a nice visit. I even showed him a bit with a TT which he hadn't seen.

As I was leaving, the nurse came in and said, "Tomorrow, we're going to move you back to a 'regular' room."

We parted, and he was smiling! I went back to my motel. He died that night.

I remember Bill McLaury well. (His wife is a very good cook! A roadie always appreciates a home cooked meal!

I've done escapes as a part of the high school and college programs for years. (I loaned Dennis Loomis my strait jacket to get him started when he was in college.) Just once, I did a short tour of schools when Richard Xavier canceled his tour at the last minute in '95.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
No that's you and a few of your friends always high jacking post with off remarks and so not funny jokes. There is a difference.

Cheers
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well, I'll apologize for the anecdotal reference to Prynce Wheeler. I just thought that it might be of interest to those who might have known him.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned Bill McLaury either. Nor Dick Xavier.

I'll just butt out.

I suppose that you'll want an apology from Dave, and Roslyn, and Nippulini, also???
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Thanks, Dick! Some of us actually know who they were!

Prynce's catalog had more types of straitjackets than anything I've ever seen, before or since. I think I still have it, tucked away somewhere. It's a reminder that there isn't just ONE official type of jacket, and that as a performer, I need a lot of different techniques at my disposal. There's so much to learn!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 12:48, Dick Oslund wrote:
Well, I'll apologize for the anecdotal reference to Prynce Wheeler. I just thought that it might be of interest to those who might have known him.

I'll just butt out.

I suppose that you'll want an apology from Dave, and Roslyn, and Nippulini, also???

Hi Dick

He may well want one from me, Roslyn and Nipps........

I think he was replying to Nipps post rather than yours ..... But I'm not 100% sure, tis often the case! Generally if you can't streak his ego (its hard to miss!), do what Arnold Rimmer was infamous for or give ideas freely he may get upset with you. Smile it's just the way it is.

I was certainly mistaken in posting and I apologise for wasting anyone's time (especially to me ..... I have too much to be doing to post on here really...but hey sometimes it's nice to chat (and let out some BS).

Nice to have met you Dick (you never know C-man may take to you.....to quote Monty Python "wink wink nudge nudge, a nods as good as a wink to a blind bat")

Harley would love to have a look at that catalogue if you could scan a page or so that would be great! Maybe a new thread so we are not off topic?

Off to clear up a very chocolatey 2 year old so not poof reading or spellchecking ...sorry for that)
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Thanks Dave! I sincerely appreciate your comments! --especially the Monty Python bits!!!
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 12:48, Dick Oslund wrote:

I'll just butt out.

Hi Dick,
it wasn't meant for you. I didn't see any post until today, been out of town on some business and just scanned through a few post...
Wish you and your friend the best.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 08:00, Dick Oslund wrote:
Thanks Dave! I sincerely appreciate your comments! --especially the Monty Python bits!!!

MP rocks.......still..... And hopefully ever will. It's is nice to converse with 'yanks' who appreciate it. Sme of may favorite bits are the Not The Noel Coward Song, 'How Not To Be Seen' and the 'Marching up and down the square' sketch......anyone else like thoes? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Chain wraps (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL