The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic for Dummies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vanished Zauberer
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Vanished Zauberer
I was looking at a few books at the book store and came across magic for dummies. I know quite a bit of magic, but this book is thick and perhaps helpfull? I was wondering if anybody could give me a good review on this book and what level it's for

Thanks, Ty
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and you you realize you haven't even fallen asleep"

MagicTy
www.magicty.iwarp.com
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
The book is made for the entry level magician or the layperson looking to get a start. I have the book even though I knew most of the effects in it. The book is full of useful information and great tricks that cover a span of categories, its great for your library.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Yes....it is actually a pretty useful book. I don't have it, but browsed through it at borders. pretty good stuff in it..
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I own it and am not ashamed to say so. It contains many outstanding contributions from some of magic's cleverest minds. My only qualm is that such a useful book would be targeted at laypeople.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
If you want one Ill sell you mine
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I liked enough to write a companion book to it. It is Gospel Applications for the majority of the effects in the book.

Not an AD, but to show that I found good information in it, and some great effects that require little finger work. (Not that that is always a good thing, but nice for a break).

John
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Too bad, I shoulda let my aunt order this for me too! but the index gives much more info than the table of contents Smile

before reading the index, I woulda thought this was gonna be another history book Smile
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Great book for the money. It can also be used as a prop in your shows to buy you some time and laughs when you screw something up. Be creative and you'll see what I mean.
Hawky
View Profile
New user
Montréal, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Hawky
It's surprsingly not bad. Obvisouly accessed towards absolute beginnners, but there's a little everything for anyone...okay maybe except for Daryl.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
405 Posts

Profile of Jay
Quote:
It's surprsingly not bad. Obvisouly accessed towards absolute beginnners, but there's a little everything for anyone...okay maybe except for Daryl.

Actually, Daryl contributed a strong trick to this volume. So, maybe there's something from him, not for him! Smile

Also, Shuffling Lesson by Chad Long is one of the strongest tricks I do for people, and it's the one that people ask me about weeks later!

Jay Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic for Dummies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL