We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How 'bout the Lakers... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
YO... what a team, Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton... I hope they win it all just for Malone and Payton... who took GIGANTIC pay cuts to play on a winning team. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I'm a Kings fan and to me the Lakers are like the anti-christ
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2003-12-01 00:43, Pete Biro wrote:
YO... what a team, Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton... I hope they win it all just for Malone and Payton... who took GIGANTIC pay cuts to play on a winning team. Smile

What a sacrifice, the gigantic pay cut you speak of 99% of the population in this world can only dream of. I get the distinct feeling you will not find either one of these gentleman living in east L.A. or anywhere near skid row for that matter.

The decision to take the pay cut fell squarely on their shoulders and was theirs and theirs alone to make.

Malone went from 19 million a year to a paltry 3 million this year (not including endorsements).

Payton is feeling the sting as well, having to make ONLY 4.9 MILLION dollars in ONE year, of course he will pile it on top of the 12 million dollars he made the year before, and the millions the year previous, and the millions the year… not including endorsements AND accrued interest.

I hope the Lakers flop like the Yankees did. Going out and buying a team and trying to buy a championship is no big deal. Try building a loser of a franchise like Rick Adelman did with the Sacramento Kings.

He has drafted and taken players form all around the league and made them better players. I would like to see Phil Jackson do that just once.

GO KINGS!
Smile
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Ok, before responding to PETE'S thread topic, I guess I am going to have to retort to a couple of other sad sac "Queens" fans. You know, Kihei Kid... I was almost starting to like you. But you blew it!!! By freely admitting in a public forum that you actually root for a loser team like the Sucramento Queens I guess all I can do is recommend therapy for you. How disappointing to be so close and know you were as good as you were ever going to be and it still was'nt quite good enough ?! The only one doing the flopping in the NBA is Vlade, the King of flop!
I feel for you, guy, I really do. Let me send a little concilliatory love your way... how about a hug ?

But as far as the Lakers are concerned...
Got to dig 'em.
I was expecting to see them play at this level (spanking San Antonio and the best in the East, ok team with the best record overall) from game one of the reg. season. Needless to say, I was starting to get a little worried and nervous with the way they had been playing not too long ago. Very ugly!

But they are meshing well and playing better team ball and much better defense.

What drives me nuts the most is when it seems as if the opposing team is in practice doing layup drills against a defense that is trying to pefect the art of invisibility. Smile

But enough of that, they do look great. Thanks for bringing this one up today, Pete !

Oh, and I was only messing with you, KiheiKid. You got to expect a little razzing for that response on a pro-Laker topic!!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2003-12-01 12:27, GlenD wrote:
Sucramento Queens

The only one doing the flopping in the NBA is Vlade, the King of flop!

I feel for you, guy, I really do. Let me send a little concilliatory love your way... how about a hug ?

Oh, and I was only messing with you, KiheiKid. You got to expect a little razzing for that response on a pro-Laker topic!!

GlenD

Sucramento Queens? I'm still craking up!

WRONG! Valde really has been charged all those times!

How about a Championship instead?

You have a great sense of humor and I new (I'm part mental and part mentalist) it was coming... I just expected Pete to be the first.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan myself...for years they were one of the worst teams in the NBA. Last year, they made it to the Final Four.

If they can beat the Lakers just once this year, I'll be happy, but all I really care about is them beating the Spurs (which they've done twice already this year).
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Yeah baby !
Can I get a high five after last nights win ?!?? (ummm, 3 times now, Chris) Smile
Good night now, San Antonia! Where is Sacramento hiding ?

And, don't worry Dallas will get their turn soon !

Hey Kihei Kid... I tried sending a championship your way. But there is no delivery service on behalf of Sacramento.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
I will not even comment about the horid play of my beloved Orlando Magic. We thought we brought in a key guy in Howard to help out with the scoring load...fat load of turds that has helped! It is an education seeing how having two key outside shooters on the injured list affects defenses keyed on McGrady. What can the guy do? Ther is always next year...Maybe I'll root for the Cubs too!

About the paycuts, alot of NBA contracts are structured so that a player will still recieve pay from a team even though he is no longer on that teams Roster. So just because Malone and Payton took cuts to go to L.A doesn't mean that they are getting payed any less this year. They may have been able to completly opt out of their contracts as I suspect Payton did but Malone may still recieve compensatory pay from the Jazz.
Jason
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
And then there's Karl Malone the cheap shot artist that throws elbows in the mouths of little point guards. Never saw him try that with Shaq when he was on the jazz... Hmmm.

What's the old saying... Oh ya, "If you can't BUY a championship smash the opponents little point guard in the mouth to knock him out of the game for a while".
Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How 'bout the Lakers... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL