The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Posters and Billing pieces for display (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
735 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
I posted this in another section and so far it has 46 views and 0 responses so hopefully someone here can help me out.

I am working with a very large magic company here in Orlando and we are putting together an educational/historical format for a section of this buildout. The owner has asked me to do some research and look into acquiring old posters or permission to blow up images be it online or in book format so we can frame them and use them for educational purposes. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where one could obtain such images and also any legalities associated with such an endeavor?

Thanks.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Norm Nielsen would be the one I would seek information from. Since this is what Norm does on a regular basis I would give him a call. I am sure you know that he lives in Las Vegas.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
I'm not a trademark attorney, but I do marketing work for hundreds of them! It has been my experience with issues like this, unless the old posters are still under an active copyright or licensing agreement, you shouldn't have any problem using them, especially as long as you aren't reproducing them for sale. I would think that if you are using them for educational purposes or even part of a background decor, you shouldn't have any problem.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Eatonmagic,
You should consult with a qualified legal attorney or lawyer, that's the right direction. They will be able to help you with any legalities associated with such an endeavor. As far as obtaining the images, what sort of poster images are you trying to obtain? That might help us give you ideas for places to look.

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Posters and Billing pieces for display (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL