The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Super Nova from long ago (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
As for flash paper, a friend who is a restaurant worker was told (years ago) that they received complaints on the smell. He had
to quit using it.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I think the flash paper makes Super Nova look very magical.
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Something will be lost in this awesome effect if the flash paper is removed, and
IMO to remove the flash paper would ruin the effect.
Mr Schneider put allot of effort, time and thought into this effect.
People who don't like or want to use flash paper should figure out a method for themselves.
That's what being a Magi is, being creative. Thinking for oneself.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
It's wonderful in its current state. I wouldn't change a thing. If one can't do it with flash paper, don't do it. Seriously, what is a high diving act without the pool of water?
Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 12:06, Al Schneider wrote:
Joseph
Looked at the line at the botom of your post.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Of course I attempt to do that with my magic. But then this is Einstein. Have you ever read his work? It is far from simple. And if you look at the history of physics, the real world seems to contridict the statement. At one time physics became simple. Everything was explained. Then this thing called quantum mechanics popped up. It is so unsimple, those in the know say if you claim you understand it you do not. Wondering why you keep it.
Al Schneider

Near the beginning of the 20th century, physicians thought that they could have a theory (in a very short time)that will explain all the events of the universe. emselves.

Now, they think that , with each answer, comes an other question...
It's an endless quest like in magic : new creations, news principles (not very common)...
Quantum mechanic, relativity, thermodynamic come from very simple and basic idea. then they become more complex as they construct.
The "problem" with simples things is that, when we combine them, it becomes complex. It's not really a problem, rather a beautifull thing... like the effect you show in the movie.
The effect is really good. It talks to the part of our mind that like dissect method.
If you go on working on it, sure it will talks to the part of our mind that like to marvel.
I hope we can see that in the futur with this trick as you did with a lot of routine
in others words, I hope you will keep working on it (I like more the vanish of the coin than the lay down of the cards)
ottphd
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ottphd
Al
You are a true Master!!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Could this be accomplished using a coin box (with the lid set aside) and four coins?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
To be fair, all I was looking at is a way to carry the coins all prepared - and the wallets seemed a natural cover for the necessary. Getting the trick started in context was the challenge I saw in doing the thing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MagicJohnH
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of MagicJohnH
I have found that not too many places today will let you use any type of fire because of the liabilities involved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Super Nova from long ago (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL