The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How to » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
How can I get to page (let's say) 63 without going through 62 other pages? Thanks!!!
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
It’s a little tricky, but look at the URL at the top of this page. There are parameters that say “topic=513410” and “forum=40”. If there were a second (or higher) page to this thread, you would also see “Start=30”

“Start” tells the browser what post number to put at the top of the page. There are always a maximum of 30 posts per page, and the first post begins at 0 (zero).

So take whatever page number you want to get to and multiply by 30. For page 63 that would be 1890. In your chosen forum, go to the address bar and change the start number to 1890. If you don’t see a start number (they don’t appear on the first page) you can add “&start=1890” to the URL (no spaces). Be sure to backspace (delete) the number to the right of to the last ampersand (that’s the number of posts minus one).

Or just click to the second page and change the 30 to 1890.

Voila! You should be on page 63.

Really makes you miss DOS, huh? Smile
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2013-06-06 00:30, DWRackley wrote:
It’s a little tricky, but look at the URL at the top of this page. There are parameters that say “topic=513410” and “forum=40”. If there were a second (or higher) page to this thread, you would also see “Start=30”

“Start” tells the browser what post number to put at the top of the page. There are always a maximum of 30 posts per page, and the first post begins at 0 (zero).

So take whatever page number you want to get to and multiply by 30. For page 63 that would be 1890. In your chosen forum, go to the address bar and change the start number to 1890. If you don’t see a start number (they don’t appear on the first page) you can add “&start=1890” to the URL (no spaces). Be sure to backspace (delete) the number to the right of to the last ampersand (that’s the number of posts minus one).

Or just click to the second page and change the 30 to 1890.

Voila! You should be on page 63.

Really makes you miss DOS, huh? Smile

basically this is correct however in this case, instead of changing the start to 1890, you change it to 1860. In other words, If you want page 63, multiply 62 x 30 and change the start to 1860. If you wanted page 50, multiply 49 times 30 or 1470.
Where the magic begins
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Thanks, I think---yah, thanks.
threadman77
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of threadman77
Thanks Dave
John Oakley
View Profile
New user
Bridlington, East Yorks. England
2 Posts

Profile of John Oakley
PLEASE SOMEONE. How on earth do I read any messages or interesting forums to reply to??
JAO
John Oakley
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of John Oakley
This page seems to be the only page I can write on .... and I thought I was a (sort of!) Magician.
JAO
manananmaclir
View Profile
New user
Port Hadlock
60 Posts

Profile of manananmaclir
John, there should be a box at the bottom of your screen that allows you to post.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2013-07-29 15:01, John Oakley wrote:
PLEASE SOMEONE. How on earth do I read any messages or interesting forums to reply to??

Just go to the forum you're interested in and click on a topic.
Where the magic begins
John Oakley
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of John Oakley
Thank you Man from Port Hadlock and Dave Scribner
. With your help, I think I've found my way in!!
JAO
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How to » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL