The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Forgotten Magic Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alkazam
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of alkazam
I think this is the right place to post this. I am looking for a magic book that I had as a child (it was my first one). I don't remember the name of it, here is what I remember:

The cover has a cartoon rabbit as a magician

The inside is all black and white

There are illustrations of the rabbit magician in the book

There are diagrams of some tricks.

There are all different types of tricks in the book (card, mentalism, etc.)

Some tricks I remember from it:

The magician takes a bow, but his hat stay in the air.

How to blow a candle out with a bottle infront of it.

Puzzles with matches

A spectator stands against the wall and you tell them if they can pick up the money on the ground they can keep it (but they can't get it)

Any help would be awesome. I really want to find out the name of this book because it was my first magic book and it made me love magic.
I got it when I was 6, so 12 years ago. It probably isn't in print anymore. Thank you everyone in advance.
Thomas Henry
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1410 Posts

Profile of Thomas Henry
Hi,

I can think of two possibilities that I vaguely recall from childhood some 60 years ago. The first would be a book by Will Dexter. If you recall it showing how to dip your hand into water without getting wet, putting a postage stamp on the ceiling, peeling a banana to show it precut into segments, setting light to sugar cube, balancing an interlocked spoon and fork on a matchstick over a tumbler, then I'd say that was it. He had two books out as I recall. I would check them out from our public library in the 1950s when first getting started.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Another less likely possibility is something by Joseph Leeming. This is so long ago, but I do remember reading a number of his books on magic, stunts and game, puzzles, and so forth, all geared to youngsters.

Thomas Henry
Omne ignotum pro magnifico.

Curious who I am? See my quick video bio.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The Will Dexter book is 131 Tricks for Amateurs. I know because I had a copy as a teenager and somehow lost it many years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Forgotten Magic Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL