The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Canopy & Ground Cover Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
What ideas do y'all have for outdoor show set ups that happen in a park, or a backyard, or a street festival. If anyone has pictures of your out door set up, I would love to see it. I'm thinking of getting a commercial grade Quickshade Canopy with a back screen wall. Not sure about side walls or other banners. Also, I was wondering what folks do for a sitting area for kids. Do y'all use any sort of ground cover? I would appreciate any ideas, thoughts, and especially pictures.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Here is a picture of an outdoor street festival that I did with Happy Dan's set up. He has some good ideas. Any others?

Click here to view attached image.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
So, let me make the question more simple? What do y'all use for your outdoor set up? Do y'all use a canopy? Do y'all use something else? Is this worth the investment?

Also, do you also use a ground cover for the kids to sit on? I have seen one person use the foam playroom tiles that snap together to create a seating area. That worked well, but was a lot to cary. I have also thought about those zip up outdoor blankets that are designed for picnics. If you could find something like that that was large enough, I think that would be a lot easier to transport.

Is this important to most, and if so, what solutions have y'all implemented?
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I use a canopy (like the Quickshade Canopy - this is the one I use: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/e-z-up-inst......vAction= ) for festivals or large company picnics. For outdoor birthday parties, I try to get the parents to keep me in a covered area because I don't want to have to set up the canopy for that. It takes me a little while to set up the canopy by myself and it's pretty physically demanding.) If there is no covered area and I have to bring the canopy to a birthday party, I offer to bring mine for an extra charge.

I don't bother with ground cover. At picnics, the families usually have blankets with them to sit on. At birthday parties, the mom provides it. If you really want to provide something for the kids, you could bring some inexpensive bed sheets or blankets.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Hi Tom
How often would you use this tent? Generally when I do festivals they have everything there for me to work. I carry a happie amp, and a Fender 150 amp, but cover is on the venue. At birthday parties I try to do my show under a tree.

You are talking about a problem that I have never experienced.

Nice logo
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
I have used carpet samples for kids to sit on. My friend has a flooring business so they were free.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I charge extra for the canopy and polyfoam tile seating and use them exclusively for all day fair and festival childrens stages. Like Michael, if I need to provide my own canopy for birthday parties, I charge extra. I can set up and take down my E-Z Up Canopy by myself in a minute or two.

For outdoor parties and picnics, I carry two lightweight canvas painter tarps and two sheets of painter plastic. The plastic is laid across damp ground and the canvas over it. I put wire tent stakes through the corner grommets to hold them flat. All four pieces are inexpensive and fold small. The parents appreciate the extra consideration adding value to my parties.

I never rely on clients to provide my set-up. No one cares for your show more than you. If they forget one or two items on your list or saddle you with inferior equipment, it reflects poorly on you.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Canopy & Ground Cover Ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL