The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Info on Silk Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I recently purchased a box of used Magical Effects and in a sandwich bag is two small silks...one says "OUT TO LUNCH",the other is a picture of a Worm dressed like Evil Knievel.....written on the bag is "Fearless Freddie - The Daredevil Worm". I have spent the last three days searching vainly on anything about it .Anyone out there know anything? Thanks,Mike

Ok,this is what I know so far: This is a Kids Show routine were the Magician invites three children on Stage to assist him .One to fire the Cannon (like a Crystal Tube),one to hold the Hoop which Freddie will Fly through and one to hold the Net (a small Aquarium net) Freddie will land in. The Magician brings out an Apple (Freddies Treat),cores it,wraps it in Aluminum Foil and hands it to an Audiance Member to hold and protect; because Freddie can't have it until after he completes the Stunt. The children are spaced well apart and given thier Props. (Some kind of costumes would work great here)Freddie is introduced (silk) and placed in the Cannon (Tube). Now the Fun begins. Freddie is shot (blown) out of the Cannon and falls well short of the Net (let alone the Hoop). This is repeated until the Children are bunched closely together and Freddie finally flies through the Hoop and lands in the Net. When Freddie is retrieved from the net, it is found that it isn't Freddie at all,but a Silk that says "Out To Lunch",and Freddie is found in the "Protected" Apple.
What I'm looking for is information of the Inventor/Maker of this Great Effect. Thanks,Mike
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't know anything so elaborate being sold in magic. Do you have a picture you can post of the props?

If the silks are quality silk screened, then maybe it was, but for that story line, sounds more of a home made idea. I don't know of any magic trick that involved more then one prop. To sell common props combined as a trick is problematic for the seller. Unless all they sold was the silks and the purchaser had to come up with all the other props. Again, something like that just would not sell on the magic market. So you may have the only one sold. LOL

Need a picture of the silk as Supreme magic used the stencil method on their silks.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Thanks DreamBig!!!! It is listed as Fearless Fred not Freddie as I was told ,made by Michael Bent. It has been mentioned here at the Caf� under Fearless Fred, not Freddie. Thanks Again DreamBig
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
This is a product of Mike Bent. It's in his show and he has been marketing it for some time now. A bit pricey but a fun routine. I had it in my show for a while.
Aany questions on it contact Mike. He is a nice guy and will be glad to chat with you.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Sam forgot to provide the link:

--> "Fearless Fred", by Mike Bent

Here are 2 other silk routines that involve the plot of a special silk "travelling" via "cannon":

--> "Cannon Ball Circus", by Tim Sonefelt

--> "The POP Gun", by Smoky Mountain Magic (Dan Wolfe)

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Thanks Donald! you know I was going to but was in a hurry and yup forgot to do it.

I like the pop gun and considering that for future shows.
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Info on Silk Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL