The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Naked by Pablo Amira-Presented by Elmwood Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I am very proud of what Elmwood Magic did with my effect.

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/__12094.htm

Blurb:

Paul Richards and Elmwood Magic are proud to present Pablo Amira's NAKED!
You approach the audience with a “naked” deck of cards. The deck is shown to be blank both back and front. A spectator is asked to name a card - any card - a completely free choice. The cards are spread through once more and a single back appears nestled among the sea of blanks.

The card is turned over to reveal - the spectator's selection!

No force of any kind.
No rough and smooth.
No difficult moves.

Just pure magic.

Comes complete with special deck, additional gaff cards, and a detailed instructional dvd.

Promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HOXfYo71pc

Hope that you can get this product, and enjoy it Smile

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Very nice indeed, sir!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hmmm. I like it....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Thanks paperinick and RNK for your comments

In my repertoire I don't do much card material, but in this piece you leave a clear image (pun intended) that is easy to remember to the audience.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
This reminds me of an effect called C.A.N.N.A.B.I.S . The last one was a combination of ACAAN with the plot of having the selected card appear in a deck of white cards.

If we eliminate the ACAAN part, they look pretty much identical.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Since you're still using a gaffed deck what is the advantage of this version over the nudist/mental photography deck for half the price or less?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Nice pablo
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I like it...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-06-08 11:53, Harrismatic wrote:
This reminds me of an effect called C.A.N.N.A.B.I.S . The last one was a combination of ACAAN with the plot of having the selected card appear in a deck of white cards.

If we eliminate the ACAAN part, they look pretty much identical.

Hi Harrismatic. I don't know that effect. The only thing that I know that this work is original and Elmwood Magic produce them with great quality and respect of previous releases.

Hope that those who can compare between the 2 products, can share their own opinion.

BTW, My original handling with this deck was purely a prediction of a named card on a blank deck. From the trailer you can see that the effect is more close to Magic than Mentalism (the participant´s imagination print the thought of card).
So anyone with doubts about this product being purely for Mentalists, you will get some cool ideas that can add your repertoire more options Smile

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-06-08 20:11, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Since you're still using a gaffed deck what is the advantage of this version over the nudist/mental photography deck for half the price or less?

Hi Dr.
I am don't really sure if with the Mental Photography Deck you can create the same effect that you can do with "Naked"

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
While I love CANNABIS, it has got a small problem as you can not "hand out" the card at the end. Not really a big problem but if at "Naked" the card can be given away that would be great.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 11:34, Harrismatic wrote:
While I love CANNABIS, it has got a small problem as you can not "hand out" the card at the end. Not really a big problem but if at "Naked" the card can be given away that would be great.

Hand out the card ? Why would you do that?

In my effect the named card cannot be given away, but I don't see that factor as important when I construct this deck.

My requirements were:
1. No table required
2. Short Reset (2 secs )
3. Easy to use mechanically

"Naked" fulfill my requirements. I perform in the real world and give away cards isn't essential, at least on my work.

If the performer performs this piece correctly, the audience and participant(s) will not care about the cards itself as a part of the method of the effect.
Let them enjoy the magic as an internal experience is essential to any magic/mentalism. Props are just vehicles that don't need to be important.
At least this is my opinion based on my experience.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I agree, there is zero need to hand out the card in an affect like this. It's not like something amazing happened to the card physically. It's an image. No one would need or really want to examine the card.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
You just showed them that a card which was blank on both sides now has printing on both sides and you don't think people will want to examine the card?

I have no issue with saying that audience management is important for a lot of things, but to say that people won't want to look at this card is incorrect in my opinion.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 02:01, barts185 wrote:
You just showed them that a card which was blank on both sides now has printing on both sides and you don't think people will want to examine the card?

I have no issue with saying that audience management is important for a lot of things, but to say that people won't want to look at this card is incorrect in my opinion.

If you think so, it´s your opinion barts185. In my experience with this effect NO ONE tries to reach the deck or ask me about the card.

Why?

Because all is in my control on performance. I direct the attention to what it´s important to them to focus. The EXPERIENCE of mystery is far more important to the physical prop used.

The deck isn't examinable and if someone has problem with that factor, I consider for them 2 paths:

1.Dont try this effect
2. Try the effect and realize that focusing the attention out of the prop is possible.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Mental photography deck doesn't allow the choice of a certain card. It only allows a card to appear, then what appears to be a full deck, then back to blanks as it was from the start.

This sounds closer to a brainwave deck with blanks but no r and s.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I love it Pablo, I think it looks great and the handling looks very fair!

In regards to handing out the card afterwards, I wouldn't see that as an issue at all... Its just a normal card as far as the audience will be concerned, why would they want to examine it?! :S

I never hand props out for examination, sometimes props end up in the spectator's hands during performance, but I don't make a big deal of it - You're the magic, the props should feel irrelevant.

DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 05:49, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
I love it Pablo, I think it looks great and the handling looks very fair!

In regards to handing out the card afterwards, I wouldn't see that as an issue at all... Its just a normal card as far as the audience will be concerned, why would they want to examine it?! :S

I never hand props out for examination, sometimes props end up in the spectator's hands during performance, but I don't make a big deal of it - You're the magic, the props should feel irrelevant.

DC

Thanks man, you are right in your argument.
This is a worker that I hope that each buyer can use effectively.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Well, several people like it....... hmmmmm, plot seems familar..... what about this?

http://davidregal.com/the-deja-vu-deck/

Edit: David's deck has backs it seems, but I bet you can make it with blank backs. Have to dig out the book...
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 01:31, the Sponge wrote:
Well, several people like it....... hmmmmm, plot seems familar..... what about this?

http://davidregal.com/the-deja-vu-deck/

Edit: David's deck has backs it seems, but I bet you can make it with blank backs. Have to dig out the book...

Hi the Sponge, although similar, my effect and David´s The Deja Vu Deck are different. His effect has different moments and a printing revelation at the end, assuming that this is the effect that you mention http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wissi2YQTAA

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Naked by Pablo Amira-Presented by Elmwood Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL