The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I desperatly need help please read (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
As a father of two myself, I am really happy that you have your son in a safe, loving environment.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I think we all know it would turn out right. I realise that it is not over yet, and we should not hold the party until it is.
However, I have come to regard Michael as a friend as well as fellow weird guy. So, like all of us here, I am more than a little relieved.
There is one thing that I do not want forgotten in all of this. If it were not for someone stepping forward and putting his hand *deeply* into his pocket, the ending of this story would have been very different. I do not know who it is, and this is how it should be as it was a selfless act of kindness by one human being to another. This is where I draw inspiration. Selfless humility does not come easily to me, so it is real magic when I see it.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Chris you are absolutely right my friend. there is one here that really put himself out for me and my family above and beyond mere generosity. he has done so without any public recognition or desire to be repaid for his act. he went from stranger to someone me and my family holds dear in this one act of pure giving and caring.

I on the other hand will publicly thank everyone here that has helped me do what I could not do myself. those in private I must thank in private as they do not wish to be named. I have seen fist hand that people here are willing to rally behind someone in need. thank you so much.
armymagic
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ, USA
87 Posts

Profile of armymagic
In Judaism, according to Maimonide's levels of charity, the two highest levels of charity are to make an anonymous gift or contribution, and at the highest level, to make a gift or service so that someone can provide for themselves. Accordingly, it should be pointed out that the person that helped Michael is a true mensch, a teacher and inspiration for all of us. While I haven't been a contributing board member for long, I echo the feeling that we have all had that Michael will persevere through all of this, and a deep and genuine respect for that awesome individual that assisted Michael in his darkest hour.
Love me or hate me, but you'll never forget me!
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
It is nice to see that this little bizarre community is what this board is really about... Magicians helping magicians.
I speak for myself now that sometimes what you need isn't always what you want. Some have told me rather harshly that I needed to look up more and read more for myself and ask less questions... but they were right. I ask and asked to many questiosn and didn't look up or read that many books... which I have done now, although my journey isn't complete yet.

Back to the case here... It's lovely to see the people that do something without recognition. It's absolutely great to see that there are great people in these harsh economical times.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
So glad to hear this, Michael! I hope the rest of it is smooth from here on out, and you don't have to make too many more long-distance trips.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Keith, for now the trips are limited. and those we have to take are far enough away to save up for. it has been a hard thing for me to ask for help as I normally try very hard to work things out on my own. this caught me off guard and sent me into a panic. thank you so much guys for not only helping but making it easier to keep my dignity through it all.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Quote:
On 2013-06-16 10:22, armymagic wrote:
In Judaism, according to Maimonide's levels of charity, the two highest levels of charity are to make an anonymous gift or contribution, and at the highest level, to make a gift or service so that someone can provide for themselves. Accordingly, it should be pointed out that the person that helped Michael is a true mensch, a teacher and inspiration for all of us. While I haven't been a contributing board member for long, I echo the feeling that we have all had that Michael will persevere through all of this, and a deep and genuine respect for that awesome individual that assisted Michael in his darkest hour.

Amen!
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Quote:
On 2013-06-16 10:22, armymagic wrote:

Amen!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 17:52, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Keith, for now the trips are limited. and those we have to take are far enough away to save up for. it has been a hard thing for me to ask for help as I normally try very hard to work things out on my own. this caught me off guard and sent me into a panic. thank you so much guys for not only helping but making it easier to keep my dignity through it all.

Your dignity was never in any danger.

If anything, it shone through. Smile

Hope it all turns out for the very best, given the circumstances.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I desperatly need help please read (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL