The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello From East Tennessee (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SmileyFaceArt
View Profile
New user
East Tennessee
19 Posts

Profile of SmileyFaceArt
Greetings! I'm a professional face painter, newbie balloon twister, amateur clown and I just recently developed a relationship with an inexpensive orangutan/ape hand puppet named Zulu. I've always wanted to master the art of ventriloquism but now I realize that at my age, it's not easy learning a new language... because I truly believe learning to speak for your puppet is like learning a new language! I want to introduce this furry little animal in my clown act but I think I'm going to bring her in as a silent pet... one that whispers in my ear. I manipulate her pretty well - as a matter of fact, my husband looks at her instead of me when I practice!

I need help in figuring out how to incorporate Zulu in my clown act. My clientele are children & they would love to meet Zulu, I'm sure but I don't really what to do with her!

Any help would be appreciated!

Christine
aka Zoodles the Clown
Christine
aka Zoodles the Clown
Smiley Face Art
Roy the Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee, USA
147 Posts

Profile of Roy the Illusionist
Hello from Middle Tennessee, I am a amateur close-up magician-- cards, coins, and sponge balls. As far as your Zulu dilemma goes, I have no idea, but you can probably find some tips in the "I'm a real boy!" section under "Carnival of Fun."
Good luck, Roy.
Are you watching closely?
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome SmileyFaceArt,

Kids love a little prankster and they love being nice to a little kid who doesn't know any better because she is just little.

Both avenues offer a lot of comedic possibilities.

-Mary Mowder
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Hi Smiley, glad your with us. Check out Rocky and David Williamson for making inanimate puppets come to life and be a bunch of fun. Remember, nobody gets to have more fun than you!! Enjoy yourself!!
SmileyFaceArt
View Profile
New user
East Tennessee
19 Posts

Profile of SmileyFaceArt
Thank you all for your kind words!

Will look up the names you suggested!

Christine
Christine
aka Zoodles the Clown
Smiley Face Art
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Welcome to the Café, SmileyFaceArt!!!!!!!!!!
Caz
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Caz
Hi - ventriloquism is one of my fav's
(Nina Conti is not only pretty, her shows are excellent Smile,
plenty of them around in Youtube)
Dunno if I'm the correct person to say "welcome" since
I've been here for only a couple of days, but I wish you
all the best with the puppets!
SmileyFaceArt
View Profile
New user
East Tennessee
19 Posts

Profile of SmileyFaceArt
Thanks Caz! I"ve seen most of Nina's Youtubes (I'm a Youtube junkie) & yes, she's both!

Christine
Christine
aka Zoodles the Clown
Smiley Face Art
SmileyFaceArt
View Profile
New user
East Tennessee
19 Posts

Profile of SmileyFaceArt
OMG! Just spent an hour on Axtell's website!!! I'm so happy they're going to have a booth at Kidabra! Now all I need is an easy script!
Christine
aka Zoodles the Clown
Smiley Face Art
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Hello, Christine! Do you ever perform as far down as Hixson? I think we met briefly at the Cici’s on 153 about a year ago? Once in a great while I’ll run into other Café members at lectures or conventions. East Tennessee is starting to jump! Smile

Anyway, Welcome Aboard! You’ll like the Café.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
SmileyFaceArt
View Profile
New user
East Tennessee
19 Posts

Profile of SmileyFaceArt
Hello DWrackley!

Yes, I certainly cover Hixson & the greater Chattanooga area but I was not at Cici's on 153 :-(

So far, my internet searches have only come up with 2 face painters... myself & a girl that often works for me. If there are others out there, they don't have an internet presence at all.

I will be at Kidabra in August in Pigeon Forge... do you plan on attending?

Thanks for the welcome!
Christine
aka Zoodles the Clown
Smiley Face Art
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Alas, no. I can generally make one convention per year and I’m saving up for Winter Carnival, still in Pigeon Forge, but not until March.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Christine,
It is always nice to see a lady arriving at out beautiful Café. How wonderfull!!! Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello From East Tennessee (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL