We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New app: Forced (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
Hello everybody!
today Apple approved my app 'Forced'. I think it's the first app of it's kind, with a completely new priniciple that's not seen before. Here's the official description:

Do you want to force any number, letter or other variable on your friends/spectators?
Meet Forced! Forced is a breakthrough magic app, that uses a new, never used before principle to force ANYTHING on ANYBODY.
Buy Forced today, and fool anybody you want!

I'm very curious what you think about it, and please don't hesitate asking me questions!
Kind regards,
Victor Mids

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forced/i......s=1&mt=8
Unknown7777
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Unknown7777
The concept is cool, unsure how fooling it is though. It should look a little closer to the actual app too. Also some more customization options would be nice.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5256 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I downloaded it on my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1, and the app is not working properly.
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
@Unknown7777
Thanks! In all the months testing and re-testing, I never had a single person that said: the app doesn't look 'normal'. I hope that will take some of your anxiety away...Furthermore, please mail me at info@neuromagic.nl about the customizations you would like, and I will try to put them in a future update.

@LarryAnderson
Please mail me at info@neuromagic.nl and I will try resolving your problem!

So far some really nice reactions on the mail, thanks guys!!

Victor Mids
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
On another forum, a description of the app was asked. I thought it might be usefull to post it here too:

You hand your phone to a spectator saying that in your note's app, you inserted 100 random words (cat, house etc.), but these could also be names, numbers, you name it. They can scroll through the words and see there are genuinely 100 words and they are all different. Than you ask them, while you turn away, to scroll through the words and pick one word they see. They NEVER have to write anything down, save it on your phone etc. In fact, you never have to touch your phone again. You can then reveal the word they picked in your favourite way. Even better, they will pick the word you want them to (hence the name of the app) Smile.

Hope you like it and please don't hesitate asking further questions!
Regards,
Victor Mids
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 20:54, Larry Davidson wrote:
I downloaded it on my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1, and the app is not working properly.

Upgrade to ios6. It's free and a big improvement on 5.

Best
Sean
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5256 Posts

Sean, nope, I want to keep the old version of GOOGLE maps on my phone. I'm familiar with and in fact have used iOS 6 on others' iPhones.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
There is a google maps on the App Store now that is as good as the old built in app. It's made by google too.

Best
Sean
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5256 Posts

Sean,

I have that newer GOOGLE app too and I don't like it as much as the old one (I don't need the voice-guided navigation feature of the newer GOOGLE app because I have a far superior app for that). Anyway, I don't want to continue posting off topic, but I do appreciate your effort to help.

Larry
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
Hi guys,
after many requests, I made a short demo video that shows how clean FORCED plays...

https://www.facebook.com/ForcedMagicApp

Hope you like it, and looking forward yo your reactions!
Regards,
Victor Mids
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Interesting idea. Unfortunately, each time the App is closed, certain configurations reset to the default. Also, the replica of the 'Notes' App is less than great. I think it'd be much too obvious to perform with at this stage.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply. If you go out and try the app a few times, you wil notice that nobody will comment on the looks of the Note's app. I can say for sure, I performed hundreds of times and never had a single comment on it. Smile. Not sure about 'certain configurations that reset.' Could you explain me (mail/p.m) so I can look after it?
Thanks!
regards,
Victor
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of rasp
I have to be honest and say unfortunately I am not impressed with this.

As Jprace has said in a previous post, when the app is closed it reverts back to default settings which means you have to configure it each time you wish to perform.

Also I do not know how you can say 'nobody will comment on the looks of the notes app. I have shown this to quite a few people and many of them have asked why it does not look like the notes app on their phone. It also looks very strange that the day next to each word is the same, and is not editable (unless I have missed something in the settings).

Sorry but this app is not for me............. unless you can make some big changes in an update.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5256 Posts

Ditto.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 09:35, rasp wrote:
I have to be honest and say unfortunately I am not impressed with this.

As Jprace has said in a previous post, when the app is closed it reverts back to default settings which means you have to configure it each time you wish to perform.

Also I do not know how you can say 'nobody will comment on the looks of the notes app. I have shown this to quite a few people and many of them have asked why it does not look like the notes app on their phone. It also looks very strange that the day next to each word is the same, and is not editable (unless I have missed something in the settings).

Sorry but this app is not for me............. unless you can make some big changes in an update.

Hit the nail on the head. That day/date issue is a problem.

In addition, the app doesn't process a "selection" the way the real Notes application does. You can move into the next screen when "selecting" your choice, but you can't prior to that when demoing to the spectator what to do.
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
218 Posts

Profile of Billman
Danny Garcia has an app free version of this that is on one of his DVDs. Can't think of which one right now, but you open your stock notepad app have the spectator think of 1 of 15 or so items you wrote down previously and you can reveal exactly which one it is. It's on his latest releases of The Garcia project DVDs.
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
Hi everybody.
@rasp: so sorry to hear, I did work 6 months on this project, and being honest when saying that nobody ever commented on the look of the notes app. I am considering updating it with the new Ios, which hopefully would solve your problem.
@dynamix: The day/date is the same, because in the patter you tell you inserted the words 'the other day', but offcourse it's not hard to make this editable. Will try!
@Billman: I'm familiar with the Garcia trick, and it is quite brilliant. Nonetheless, it has some drawbacks in regard to the freedom of choice of the spectator, that Forced solves.
BtwI would like to thank everybody who's pm and mailing me with feedback and their experiences. It's really a joy to read!
Regards,
Victor
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
Hi everybody,
wanted to let you know that Forced got reviewed in the Wizard Product Review! Check out the video below (starting around 5:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......4#at=797
I'm really glad they liked it so much!
Kind regards,
Victor Mids
tvbobby
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tvbobby
Can you do a demo scroll through and pick a word first, to demonstrate? If so, I think this is very good. But that function has to be there.
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
Hi Bobby,
you can put your finger on any of the other words and let it highlight, to show that they can select every word.
Hope you like it!
Regards,
Victor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New app: Forced (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL