The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..23~24~25 [Next]
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hi Nicolino

Great to read you were fooled, now that was unexpected !!

I am current preparing another script and approach which is much lighter and more suited to mental magic or card guys.

In addition there will be an appendix in the future offering alternate handlings devised by those who have performed the effect in the field.

Best wishes

Andrew
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 06:18, a brown 1968 wrote:
...now that was unexpected !!

It was. We both know... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I bought it a few hours ago, looking forward to it. I will post my thoughts when I recieve the ebook.
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
This is simply brilliant. Entertaining, incredibly fair, and a monumental effect.
best trick I've bought for ages.
Seriously well done, this is up there with the best card tricks ever. I mean that.
This deserves to become an absolute classic.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Thank you Andrew and Atlas for releasing this. What more can be said but...excellent!

Quote:
On 2013-07-11 06:18, a brown 1968 wrote:

I am current preparing another script and approach which is much lighter and more suited to mental magic or card guys.

In addition there will be an appendix in the future offering alternate handlings devised by those who have performed the effect in the field.

Will this addendum be available to all who purchased The Crusade?

Bosco
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Axman ,

Great to read your comments and that you will be performing Crusade for many years to come Axman .

I can't comment if Crusade is up there with the best effects ever , I leave that for each person to form their own opinion given their knowledge of magic, skill and to whom they perform too.

All I can say is I am happy we decided not to make this a limited release at much higher price. Seeing plenty of happy customers is a good feeling to start the day with.

Andrew
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Bosco

The addendum will certainly be available to those who have purchased direct from Atlas but it may take a while to sort out.

Have a great day

Andrew
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Sounds good Andrew. Really looking forward for the right occasion to perform this.

I certainly hope this collabration with Atlas is but a start to many future offerings!

Bosco
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 02:52, Nicolino wrote:
Now seriously, I was demoed Crusade last weekend. And what can I say?

It was the blend of a brilliant performer, an extremely well fitting patter and a bloody clever effect that left me nothing but fooled!
Wow, this does not happen every day...

The only concern one could have is that this effect needs a certain mood and environment to unfold best; it's nothing you would want to show in a hurry or to a wired crowd. Otherwise I'm impressed - by its simplicity, its methodical mimicry and the ease of performance!
Well done, mates!

Was it me? Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
And if not, you know about my drug problem... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 08:47, JanForster wrote:
Was it me?

At least one of you.

If I recall correctly.....

Whatever, let's take another deep puff! Smile Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile Smile Smile beautiful world. And let's invite Steven, from Holland... always welcome... Smile ... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, I must say that I was pleased to wake up and see that this thread had gotten longer and was filled up with splendid feedback from Nicolino, Axman, and Bosco!

Nicolino - While I was pleased to hear your experience with "The Crusade", I'm sort of more interested in how your efforts went on Monday night!

Axman - I appreciate such enthusiasm. Time will tell.

Bosco - I thought I'd post a little bit more about the forthcoming supplement. As many of you who have read the book will have noticed, there is an inherent flexibility in the process, and some very creative minds have corresponded with me and shared their alterations. So, after some thought, we decided to release an addendum to the book that shares handlings by Greg Arce, Laurence Hookway, Michael Murray, and others. I want to be the first to thank them for taking the time to share their ideas and variations, and for being willing to allow us to share them with others. I'm hoping to put the supplement together within the next month or so and will send it out to everyone who currently owns the book. There are some very clever adaptations out there, including one in which the thought of card is placed in front of the participant before the other participant's thought of number is ever even considered. This supplement will be full of great ideas and subtle convincers and I think you will enjoy it.

Thanks again to everyone for all the kind words - With a subject like the ACAAN plot (which is frequently contentious), I am pleased and genuinely gratified to see a consensus that our book was a worthwhile addition to the canon.

Best,

Atlas
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
@Atlas:
Frankly, again I was talking way too big!
Being a real sweet guy actually Smile, here's what I did: instead of pulling a bird out on the streets I spent the whole evening with my lovely wife watching Breaking Bad's episode 9 (season IV).
You're assuming right: we had a great time indeed!

@Mr. Forster:
Speaking of good times, Jan: do we really Stephen's stuff to feel Young again? I foung we had such a riot together (although I can't exactly remember what the hell we did the night from Thursday to Sunday...)!

The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Stop that, NSA is watching us... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Very nice routine, indeed. I like the "Greg Arce- counting idea" very much!
kiki
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'm confused now.

Am I wanted or not wanted?
And if so, what for?

Steve
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Excellent. I love this effect!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 15:14, JanForster wrote:
Stop that, NSA is watching us... Smile Jan

LOL!!! That's Great!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 11:31, MagicAtlas wrote:
Well, I must say that I was pleased to wake up and see that this thread had gotten longer and was filled up with splendid feedback from Nicolino, Axman, and Bosco!

Nicolino - While I was pleased to hear your experience with "The Crusade", I'm sort of more interested in how your efforts went on Monday night!

Axman - I appreciate such enthusiasm. Time will tell.

Bosco - I thought I'd post a little bit more about the forthcoming supplement. As many of you who have read the book will have noticed, there is an inherent flexibility in the process, and some very creative minds have corresponded with me and shared their alterations. So, after some thought, we decided to release an addendum to the book that shares handlings by Greg Arce, Laurence Hookway, Michael Murray, and others. I want to be the first to thank them for taking the time to share their ideas and variations, and for being willing to allow us to share them with others. I'm hoping to put the supplement together within the next month or so and will send it out to everyone who currently owns the book. There are some very clever adaptations out there, including one in which the thought of card is placed in front of the participant before the other participant's thought of number is ever even considered. This supplement will be full of great ideas and subtle convincers and I think you will enjoy it.

Thanks again to everyone for all the kind words - With a subject like the ACAAN plot (which is frequently contentious), I am pleased and genuinely gratified to see a consensus that our book was a worthwhile addition to the canon.

Best,

Atlas

The Crusade - the gift that keeps on giving!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL