The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..23~24~25 [Next]
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
I would never ask for a refund for a magic effect unless it came with a defective gimmick. If after I buy this and don't like this or won't use it I still have the secret. I like the way this sounds and if it plays out like it is portrayed this is a must have secret to know. I can see how the method could be used for other effects.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Mark,
the way that I perform this effect is this one.

This is my first idea that I performed for a while, the current version I don't need to do all this presentation
I just ask the spectator to perform a regularity deck check and in this process the specators put without they know
the card in correct position. Here my starting point:

In my presentation I talk about the possibility to read the spectator mind
and ask some people to think of cards. I reveal each card except for one spectator
(After this process I know always one of the spectator card. This process is inside the presentation)
I continue saying that this is easy for a magician read the mind and just to prove this I repeat this
effect with the numbers. After this process I know without they reveal anything a card and a number
and this happens inside the presentation. I introduce a deck of cards or asking them to shuffle the deck.
In this process I am able to place the thought of card in the correct position without I touch the deck.
Now I perform the ACAAN effect with the 2 specators that I know they information.

In this presentation you need to know card and number, but is 100%. The latest version you don't need to know
card and number, but sometime doesn't work and you need to change the effect.

MP
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My two cents
if I had a effect that was this good ,i would not sell it to anyone ...and cetrainly not for 27 bucks
I would leave the secret to my son so he could carry on...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3864 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I agree, Vinny Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Vinny and Jan

It is a good question Vinny and I shall do my best to answer your question from my view point.

To begin with, magic is a passion and hobby for me , my day job in the financial world provides the income to support my family and therefore keeping it a secret to ensure it maximise a revenue stream for me is unnecessary . After I sent Atlas the original draft and script he performed it that weekend as part of his repertoire and on hearing how pleased he was with both the effect and audience response, I asked him what he would have been willing to pay for the effect given other purchases he had recently made . He told me $60 would have been great value for him and happily have paid more. At one stage in the process we had considered a very limited release and a much higher price but we rejected that for various reasons .

Atlas has already brought to the market a few ebooks and they have been well received and the customers consider they have received good value for money . We both feel and value that building a good reputation and offering value for money are more important than keeping the effect both limited and at a high price .

Other than a few effects I have published in compilations for say Peter Duffie or Ben Hariss my name is unknown . At this stage I want buyers to think they received and excellent service and got good value for money , as the price rises from $27 to $60 or above you increase the risk of more customers been despondent with the purchase generating negative goodwill . Crusade is not the only effect I could offer to potential buyers, it is one of many and therefore keeping it secret or a very limited release serves little purpose for me .

I am sadly not the greatest magical historian but if my memory serves me right , Paul Curry did not keep his effect 'Out of this World' a secret only he would ever know , nor was it offered to magicians at a price which would exclude 90% or more of magicians buying it .

I understand the argument for keeping it a secret for the ACAAN myth was built up around the performances of David Berglas and how he kept his approach and methodology secret for so many years ... As Atlas has explained, our effect is a ACAAN type of effect created for mentalists in mind and I ignored all the rules I should follow according to tradition and built the effect I wanted around a good premise and script .

Crusade is a good effect it works in the real world but it is not nor does it claim to be a method or principle to achieve the holy grail version of the effect .

If you have any questions please ask me here or by pm

Regards

Andrew
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
To answer your question Giani, yes, you will be allowed to perform this on television.

Alex, thank you for your review - your perspective is much appreciated!

Vinny and Jan, you are lucky to be in the enviable position that your kids are interested in the art form! I can understand wanting to hold something back to pass along to your children.

I can also see Andrew's position and know that he is very excited to be able to leave a legacy by contributing something to the art form that he loves. The initial notes he sent me were great and I've subsequently refined all the rough edges in scripting, process and presentation through numerous performances. After all that effort, I can understand not wanting to keep the idea in a drawer.

Either way, we hope our book will make an impact and appreciate every perspective that has been shared here.

Best,

Atlas
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thank you Andrew and Atlas for responding so quicly my question.I know it is not a monitary thing as you say.
but I would also like to ask if I may ...
first what are you not telling us?/without revealing the seceret
secondly can you supply a demo not for us or me not to re engineer. but to see what it looks like.
and if you can't then I must say ,it is not worth the paper it is written on .
however to show you my support pm me your mailing address and I will send payment tomorrow mornings mail.
I'am prepared to be dissapointed. hopfully I will not be
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Sorry Vinny,

I appreciate the offer, but you'll have to wait for the 28th just like everyone else.

Best,

Atlas
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Massimo / entermagic:

This thread should remain about "The Crusade". It would be more proper for you to start a different thread about your routine.

I'm sure all of us will read your thread as well.

Thanks,

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8553 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 19:30, MagicAtlas wrote:
Sorry Vinny,

I appreciate the offer, but you'll have to wait for the 28th just like everyone else.

Best,

Atlas

Well said Atlas.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WELL SAID......
is there a demo ??
, but well said ??
I ASKED A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ONLY ONE GOT ANSWERED.

\
THE GODFATHER WAITS FOR NO ONE..........YOU CAN KEEP YOUR EFFECT
Come check out my magic.

Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I doubt there will be a demo simply because this is built around presentation. That said, I would LOVE to see a skype demo of it
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
If this Effect looks exactly as mentioned in Real Life, then it is definetly the
wholy Grail of ACAAN.

I'm not sure honestly, if that is possible. I really hope so but I'm pretty confused,
because it sounds to Good to be True.

Wish you good Luck with the Release:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
That made me laugh Tony!

I see what you mean, but where else do I get the opportunity to I use such colorful prose?

I'm pleased it entertained you (I like the emoticons as well).

Best,

Atlas
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Atlas and Andrew I came across as a idiot this was not my intention for this I appologise
vinny
Come check out my magic.

entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 19:44, Steve Hook wrote:
Massimo / entermagic:

This thread should remain about "The Crusade". It would be more proper for you to start a different thread about your routine.

I'm sure all of us will read your thread as well.

Thanks,

Steve H

Is not my intention promote my effect, I don't sell anything.
All my ideas are free. I shared many ideas with many people here (in passat also with
Andy)
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
No one said you were selling anything. And no one said you weren't generous in sharing.

I just suggested that this thread is about "The Crusade", not your work.

If you've ever done a search at TMC, you'll know that it's easier to find things based on the Subject.

Also, in all fairness, you <are> discussing a different routine in depth.

Is it not possible to do so in a different thread so that it doesn't look like you're hijacking this one?

As was said, you'll still get your audience and a focus on your routine.

- Steve
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3864 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Andrew, do not get me wrong. I really appreciate that you publish your work when you could have kept it for yourself. It is for sure a valid and generous contribution to our art. Chapeau. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8553 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 23:16, vinsmagic wrote:
Hi Atlas and Andrew I came across as a idiot this was not my intention for this I appologise
vinny

Apology accepted Vinny.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Vinny ...No worries

I do like your Giggle force/control though my handling is slightly different.

Jan - You asked a valid question and I was happy to answer.

Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL