The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Three Disk Monte - searching for a DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
I am looking for the DVD called "Disk - The Real Street Monte" by Father Alex.
It was once sold here: http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/disk/
Any idea where to get this DVD?
Incognito
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Incognito
No, but you should try sending Vanishing Inc an email inquiry. They might be able to steer you in the right direction or maybe even put you in touch with Father Alex if they're no longer carrying the product.

or you can just email the company that produced it.

contact@magicalsleight.com
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Thanks for your advice. I already contacted Vsnishing but they don't have left the DVD somewhere.

I also contacted th magicalsleight guys. But it was a different (older) Email adress (I used a year ago) and I did not get an answer yet.

Perhaps I should try the new Email adress...

DONE! Let's See what happens!
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
382 Posts

Profile of Badger
I have been on a search for this same DVD as well I even put a post up wanting to buy one in the for sale section at the café. But no responses and I'm still looking
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
I also placed a WANT TO BUY post. Smile
I will let you know when I get a response from the magicalsleight guys.
Greetings from Germany!
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
See my signature for the original Three Disk Monte DVD.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Hey, I already have your set. It's a great one! Smile
Just want to look at another resource... Smile
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
333 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
I seen this video and I thought it was well done.

If you are looking for other resources I will be coming out with a series of videos on the 3 Disk Monte.

I hurt my hand in the shop that has set me back in finishing the instructional videos. These videos will be free, for the ones that have purchased any disk sets from magicswindles.com.

The hand is just about ready to be able to throw the disk to get the videos done.

The videos will have the standard stuff and a lot of new stuff that can be done. As soon as I start posting the videos on the website, I will sent a email with the link and password for the ones that have purchased the disk sets.

Sorry for the delay.

Al
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Great. Thanks for your help.
Will those who have bought/will buy the "Cover the Spot" set also get your video series?
And how long is your material?

Finally: Any idea where to get the "The Real Street Monte" DVD by Alex?
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
333 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Cover the Spot has instructions that come with the purchase. They are sent after you have made a purchase by email.

The 3 disk Monte videos will be broken down into different subjects. These videos are for 3 Disk Monte Sets purchases only.

Here are some of the video subjects:

Disk Throwing Surfaces
Standard Disk Grip
New Disk Grip
Standard Hype Grip
New Hype Grip
Standard Hype
New Hype
Standard Double Hype
New Double Hype
Disk Run
3 Disk One Hand Throws
Standard Disk False Turnover; (This can be used, if they pick the winning disk. This can be done because the disk has the same scratch resistant surface on both sides on the disk. You can do a false turnover where the spot disk can be shown as a blank disk by turning the disk over.)

Pocket Disk False Turnover; (most all the handling of the standard disks can apply to the pocket disks.
The pocket disks have some added moves because of the size, like palming and different false turnovers.)

Middle Disk Hype; this is a new move that works very well after a false turn over.
This false turnover and middle disk throw combination will even fool the ones that know now the game is done. The middle disk hype can even look more normal than the top disk hype to me, if it is done right. A little practice and you will be amazed on how fair it looks.

I think many magicians forget what the con game really is. If you look it up in the dictionary, it will always say; A confidence games.

What brings the confidence to these con games for the mark to play is not the equipment that is being used for the Shell Game, 3 Card Monte or the Disk Monte.
It is the shills that are in play that brings confidence for the mark to think they have a chance to win.

The magician does not have the use of shills in most cases. So to me, you need to make it look as fair with what is being used and have the outs to cover the unexpected.

The videos will give you many different ways they can be applied; to fit the way you want to apply them.

I hope this helped in answering your questions on what to expect.

As for the video you are looking for, I seen it is still posted on the site as being for sell with the disk sets.
I bought that video without the disk set, by emailing them and asking to purchase just the video.

This was sometime ago. It does not show that the video can be purchased by itself on the website.
contact@magicalsleight.com

Al
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
I already contacted the magicalsleight guys. No response yet.
Also I have no problem to buy the complete set If I had to. But as I said: I cannot find this set any more... Smile

My question to the Cover the Spot set is:
You can play Cover the Spot and 3 Disk Monte with your set.
So will one only get the Cover the Spot instructions or also (additional) the 3 Disk Monte videos?
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
333 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
The website that was on your first post is the only place I know that you can buy from. I noticed they have a question button. I would try asking again,it is the only thing I think you can do, as it shows they are out of stock.

The Cover the Spot set has a extra 6th plastic disk with a white smiley face dot on it. This set is mainly for someone that can carry the cover the spot with them in any pocket as the spot folds in half and uses 5 plastic disk. The sixth disk with the white dot could be used with two of the blank disks from the cover the spot to do the 3 card Monte.

These disks are more like the thickness of cards. The sixth disk is really a extra disk to do whatever you would like to do with it. We put a white sticker on it to make it a little more useful and could be taken off if you wanted to.

The set only comes with cover the spot instructions. I will make this a little more clear on the website or just take out the extra 6th disk so there is no confusion.
As the 6th disk was really just thrown in for free to do whatever you wanted with it. These disks are nothing like the 3 Disk Monte sets.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
I already contacted Vanishing Inc. But the item is discontinued from Magicalsleight.

And thanks for the clarification on the Cover the Spot/3 Disk Monte instructions!
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
One more question Al:

I already have some Disks (from Nicholas Johnson). Do you offer your videos only to those who buy some disks from you or can I buy your videos separately too (without the disks for example $20 but perhaps with a discount of $20 on the disks if I but them later on).
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
333 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Hi BigSmile,

I started making the disks so magicians could have the disk sets available in the USA. This was for a small market of magicians that already knew the 3 disk Monte or 3 Card Monte. As the handling are close in many ways.

My disks are different than all the disk sets that have been made. The video handling material will have the standard stuff, because they can do everything the standard disk can do. But a lot of the new stuff that is shown for the new type disk will not apply for the standard type disks, that you have.

The disk dvd you are looking for now, I think would be a good addition for you. I have not seen the Nicholas Johnson dvd, but I have heard it was a good one for the standard con stuff. This is good.
My videos will only be on the handling of the disks.

I'm afraid I would be opening up a can of worms in selling videos, as they are just meant to be free for support of the products I supply. If I hear anything on where you can get the Disk dvd by Alex, I will let you know. I did do some searching and came up empty so far.

Good Luck,

Al
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Hello .I just got a pm from alex the star of said dvd. They only made 100 but are thinking of making a second run. He asked how many are intrested.
The easieat thing to do woukd be to have everyone who wants this to pm alex. His screen name on the Café is figpik.
Please let him know.
His last post was here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=217&3 go there and click pm above his name. Glenn
This is my 18 th year on being a member of the cafe.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Some REALLY good news for all those searchers!

I got an email from Yoann (from http://www.magicalsleight.com):

"We will release a second edition of DISK in a month or two. Stay tuned."

:D
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
According to Alex. They will not be selling the DVD without the disks. So if you already have disks, you must buy a second set . Too bad ,as I was interested in the information, but do not need and cannot afford a second set of disks.
This is my 18 th year on being a member of the cafe.
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
382 Posts

Profile of Badger
Any news on this yet?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2471 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Any news on this.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Three Disk Monte - searching for a DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL