The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm baa-aack! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Acoustical
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Acoustical
Hey everyone! So I joined the Magic Café I think around this past November when I was kind of getting my feet wet a little bit with magic, made a few posts, and then never came back and quickly fell off the horse for learning magic as well. But now I am back because magic and specifically sleight of hand really interest me and I'd like to have a nice arsenal of illusions up my sleeve that I can perform for friends, family and acquaintances. I am super excited about the possibilities that this hobby can bring about, and most interested in learning magic that uses common objects like coins, cards, keys, etc.

I think the biggest challenge for me will be to have the courage to go up to friends and people and test things out on them, which is actually a large part of why I am getting back into magic because I want to step out of my comfort in regards to interacting with people and I feel magic is a great way to become more comfortable with doing just that.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome back Acoustical,

You are right, Magic is a good way to interact with people but don't use it as a permanent crutch.

Think of it as training wheels.

If you listen to people and respond from the heart people are easy to talk with.

Taking a real interest in people (if only for the short time you are with them) is a great way to improve your Magic and Music as well.

-Mary Mowder
MagicMatt629
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of MagicMatt629
It is a natural progression to first start performing for family and friends and then eventualy strangers. The good news is, it only gets easier to perform for people you don't know. I have found that family and friends are the most critical and therefore the hardest people to perform. Since they know you they feel comfortable with you and will attempt to discover or expose the trick and/or even grab at it.If you can master your magic and effects in this environment, it will be much easier to perform for the general public. You can focus more on listening to people and interacting with them (as Mary said) and not worry as much about the actual effect. It may not be clear to you now or make much sense, but I promise it will the more you perform.
#BelieveTheImpossible

www.facebook.com/MattThomasMagic
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Acoustical,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm baa-aack! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL